Saturday, August 2, 2008

IF YOU DARE. . .

OH MY HECK! Yes people, I said heck. Just got back from this sale. And it was RI-DONC-U-LUS. No other word can describe the craziness. Well, maybe complete mayhem might be better. Got there a little after 8, and the entire warehouse complex parking lot was full. Seriously. Then I got inside and me and oh, about 8 thousand other twenty somethings filled the warehouse shoulder to shoulder. And all for some cheap, cute clothes. Insanity. I actually went for a swim suit I have been eyeing for a while, but didn't want to spend $65 bucks on. Cause really, I'm way too cheap for that. But I squeezed my way through the throng, found my swimsuit, and because I'm a heathen, I butted in line and the very front and got outta there. When I went to checkout the line wrapped all the way around the warehouse inside--TWICE. No way I was standing in that line. So yes, I butted. Big time. And don't worry, I am aware of Karma, but luckily since I'm Mormon I don't have to worry about that. ;) So, got my $25 dollar swim suit, a tee-shirt ($15) and another suit top ($15) and I, to quote Stella, "got the f*@$k outta there." Got some good deals, but really. I spent longer walking to the warehouse, since I had to park a mile away, than I did actually inside. Luckily. Well, I guess that's what you get when you invite 4 million people to warehouse sale and then only have 4 checkers. What the Heck? Yes, heck. 4 CHECKERS!?!?!?


So, just wanted to give my readers the heads up about the sale. That's going on today until 5 (which is the time I woulda been there till if I hadn't butted). The deals are good. The warehouse is stiffling hot. The parking ridiculous. But, if you are like me, and can't resist a good sale. Then go if you dare. . . .

2 comments:

Aimee said...

My personal theory is that there are times when that particular swear word you used is the only appropriate word in the dictionary. In your case I think it fit just fine!

I live in Seattle but would not dare to go to that sale. You are tough!

naptime nostalgia said...

Never again. Although, I do love my purchases, but I have serious bad-karma guilt. I couldn't stop talking about it the whole day.

Next time I'm at the store, I'm gonna let someone butt me. Just to even out my karma. At least I hope karma works that way.

Actually, I should let like one person butt me every time I go to the grocery store for a year, and then I can stock up on my good karma. Yes. Good plan.