Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'M BAAAAACK. . . .

Well, I just finished Breaking Dawn and it was exquisite. Really. It was absolutely perfect. I found myself reading in a very different manner than the last three. With those I started them, and then devoured. Reading straight for a day or day and a half and finishing. With this one, I found myself prolonging the start, and then often times putting it down in order to be able to in some odd way, draw out the story. Make it last longer if possible.


I've heard a bunch of haters out there already dogging the book. They say it was too weird. Well, heck - yes heck, what do you expect? The book is about vampires people. Fantasy. Not reality. Apparently, vampires and ware wolves aren't weird to them. Nor is falling in love with them. But some of the ongoings in Breaking Dawn are. Well, guess what? I thought it was fantastic. And perfect. And lovely. A perfect fantasy novel. I thoroughly enjoyed the beginning. Was in love with the middle, and thought her ending was perfect. And usually that is what I struggle with. Endings. But in this case, I thought it was great. Her mixture of writing suspense and fantasy is brilliant. There is so much more I want to discuss, and blog about - but I'm going to wait. Since I know so many of you have yet to read it. I'll give you people a month or so, and then I will discuss Edward, Bella and all of the new juiciness. So, you better get your read on. And if you want to borrow my copy let me know.


Edward + Bella 4-eva.

4 comments:

Jo said...

Yes it was good. I liked the ending as it tied everything together very well. The pregnancy freaked me out, but it sort of had to and I enjoyed Jake not being so annoying :) I'd say more, but again, I know not everyone has read it.

Stacie said...

I'm half way Am, LOVING IT!

Kristin said...

I seriously need to get on this series and yes that is an admittance that I haven't even read the first one...

Ashley said...

I LOVED it too! It was a perfect ending! And I know some people think that there has to be some huge tragedy for things to work out, but I actually hate when authors do that. Happy is good.

And if you ever want to chat about it, just give me a ring since I can't be at the next girls gathering.

I wish I could be a vampire too. Think of how much we could do if we didn't have to sleep?