Tuesday, August 5, 2008

YAY FOR ME


Pretty much the most fantastic thing ever has happened at our house. Thing 2 is finally potty trained!!!!

Yay! I can't believe my good fortune. She has been interested in it for quite some time since her older brother is peeing professional. So, last weekend we decided to just take away the diapers. And that was that. Way, way, way, way, way, easier than potty training Thing 1. Oh, the pooping drama I had with that kid. But not Thing 2. She is a pro. Sure, she had a few accidents, but really, so easy. She's even staying dry during naps, and at night. I can't believe my good luck.

I've waited a few days to share the news for good measure, and because I am superstitious, but she is officially a big girl. And I can't even tell you the joy this brings me. I have been smiling for about the last three days straight. After 4 years (between thing 1 & 2) of changing diapers, I can tell you that the toilet is a fantastic thing. Nothing brings me joy these days like seeing my little 2 year old sitting on the potty pushing out her poops. Woo hoo for the sewer! And really, woohoo for Dora undies. Those things must be made of magic.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Yay for learning to master bodily functions!

Suzanne said...

No way! I am so jealous! You have none in diapers, and I have two! Something is seriously wrong in my house. At the rate we're going, I'm sure Carson will master it before Max. Oh well.

Deming Family said...

Amy, I don't even have this link on my blog! What's wrong with me! now I do...I can't believe all I'm missing. Congrats on the potty training. What an event to celebrate!