Wednesday, August 20, 2008

IN MEMORY OF. . .

The saxophonist of pretty much my favorite band ever passed away yesterday. This is the blurb taken from their website today.

08/19/2008
We are deeply saddened that LeRoi Moore, saxophonist and founding member of Dave Matthews Band, died unexpectedly Tuesday afternoon, August 19, 2008, at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center in Los Angeles from sudden complications stemming from his June ATV accident on his farm near Charlottesville, Virginia. LeRoi had recently returned to his Los Angeles home to begin an intensive physical rehabilitation program.
I've been to many DMB concerts in my life. One time we even road tripped it to Cali to see them perform. And the show was killer as always. And LeRoi gave some of his best sax solos ever. That man can play. Seriously the sax is such a strong part of the creative sound of DMB. Take a listen at one of his famous solos. It's the song #41. If ya don't have 10 minutes for a little DMB you can fast forward to about 4 minutes in. He gives a killer almost 3 minute solo.






Rest In Peace LeRoi. Thanks for all the good tunes.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I almost put a similar tribute on my blog this morning!

I am a HUGE DMB fan, and there was a time in my life where my friend and I traveled all over the country to see them play, including New York, Vegas, California, Colorado, etc. Those were fun times.

I actually have tickets for their show next week, but I can't find anything saying they have cancelled their tour.

Rest in peace, Leroi.

Aimee said...

Sad news. Haven't listened to Dave as much lately as I did in high school and college but I do love their music.

I'm sure whoever they replace won't be as dynamic as LeRoi. I hate when people die.