Friday, August 1, 2008

AMY HATES SUEDE

Okay, so lets talk Project Runway for a moment if we may. So many things to discuss. But the first is: Amy would like to smack Suede across the face so he will stop being so dang annoying. I mean, it's one thing if you are balsy enough to talk about yourself in the third person and you totally back-up the craziness. But in Suede's case? Not. So. Much. I mean, really. No creativity whatsoever.



Next: Kenley. I love the way she thinks. So completely original and fresh. And she has a very strong point of view and sense of style. Plus, the girl can sew. And she doesn't talk about herself in the third person. Ten points to Kenley.


Sandra Bernhard. I don't want to sound judgemental, cause really, like the hymn says, who am I to judge another? But let's just let that hymn take a backseat for a moment, because we must discuss her face. What is up with it? Seriously. What did she do? And her stylist? Should be fired. That hair? Yikes! Oh, and Sandra? Don't try to one-up Nina. No one is as fierce as Nina. No one can make a designer cry like Nina. And no one is as unimpressed as Nina. Basically, putting down the designers in a "I'm too cool for school" way is totally Nina's thing. Don't mess with perfection.

Okay, for just a minute we need to discuss Blayne. Firstly, does anyone actually go tanning anymore? Don't they realize they could just smoke a cigarette and die faster? I mean really. The kid looks ridiculous. And then he starts messing with Tim, and I just wanted to smack him. Tim is not a two-year old. You can't make him say funny things and laugh at him. Tim Gunn is the man. Blayne is not. Recognize. (on a side note. I just read that Tim Gunn didn't get paid a dime to do the first season of PR. Can you believe that? And then for season two they only paid him $2500 an episode. Now, don't get me wrong. I'd take $2500 an ep, but Tim, the God of design? I don't think so.)

Kenley's winning design. The pattern is a little too funk-da-funk for me. But I do love the use of tulle (however you spell it.) Plus, it's original, and well fitted and made.
Emily. Emily. The loosing design. All I can say, is Tim warned you girl. Always heed the gunner.
And my personal fave. This is Leanne's dress. I really, really, really liked it. It looks fresh, clean, original, and totally wearable which I like. Sometimes these designers make things that only a model on a runway would/could wear. But this is just classic. And considering her mess of a design from last week, I was even more impressed.


I really feel like Jennifer just got lucky, cause that dress was fug. And Stella ("if you don't like it get the f*#$k outta here") is just plain tacky. Her style is so cliched. Biker/rocker/leather/grommet/fug is just so played out. Try something new Stella. Expand, and stretch and at the very least modernize the rocker.



So that's my two-cents. What's yours?

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Leanne should have won, hands down. Heidi said that she would wear that outfit, and so would I. The skirt is beautiful.

And I love, love, love Kenley's personal Betty Page style. I didn't, however, love her dress.

And hey, we definitely found out that not only does Keith have a rat tail, but he likes boys.

Oh, and did you hear that there's a covert romantic relationship going on this season? Since only one of the men is straight, and he's married, it looks like it's a gay couple. I read that the producers didn't even know about it for a while, they were so secretive and good at hiding it.

Joanie said...

Hey! I am Heather's friend, Joanie, and I'm a blog stalker. ;) I thought I would come out of hiding. I hope that's ok! :)

I liked Suede's last dress. I thought that was pretty interesting, for sure. But, I absolutely cannot stand the way he talks about himself in the third person. At what point in your life do you start talking like that? I just don't get it.

And Kenley.. Hrm. I like her aura.. but I did not like that dress. I think the fit totally did her justice, but I'm and generally not a big fan of patterns. AT ALL. So, I may be a little biased, and frankly, a person with curves could not pull that dress with that pattern off very well. But, I think I may be a little too opinionated.. who knows. ;)

And Blayne! He is so annoying! Bleh!

And Stella and her 'Leather' totally, cliche, I agree!!

Leanne's was totally my favorite, too, and I personally think she should have won.

I love me some Project Runway!

naptime nostalgia said...

Yay! I love it when bloggers come out of hiding. Glad to have you Joanie. I will for sure have to stalk you back. And I like the way you think. Project runway rules.


Oh, and Kristina, I heard the romantic relationship was between Daniel and Wesley (the guy who got the auf the week before last). Apparently they are still dating. How cute.

Oh, and Kieth likes boys? Shocker.