Wednesday, August 20, 2008

IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE

Are you tired of me yet? One more good thing about the headache being gone. Lots o'bloggin due to the way even the slightest pinch of caffine can keep me awake for weeks.



Okay, so last weeks ep had guest judge Brooke Shields. The challenge was to have the designers, make something for her character on Lipstick Jungle, a show which I've never seen. I'm sure this would have been much more interesting had I been a viewer of said show, but I've never been into spin-offs. Even if it is Sex In The City spin-offs. There just never as good as the original, ya know?


Anyways. So this whole ep for me was kinda lame. I wasn't at all impressed with any of the outfits really. Kieth did get a bit of airtime, so that's good. But he's kinda boring. He's the Jillian of this season, right? Just plain boring. But the best line from the whole show, which I was frickin' rolling on the ground laughing at was when Terri said about Suede, And I quote:

"I don’t know what he’s packin’ … balls or vajay-jay … but he needs to work that out ‘cuz I ain’t got no babies, ain’t nobody suckin’ on my titties … so please, man up."


What?! I mean come on. It doesn't get any crazier than that. Except maybe for Suede and his antics.



Here are the dresses of the week:

The winner:This is Kieth and Kenley's dress. All Kieth's design. It's just eh for me. I really like the skirt though. But the top? Those butterfly sleeves just seem so 1999 to me. And that scarf? Please. Nothing new or shocking. Nothing says top designer about this to me. But then again, I'm no Michael Kors.

The auffed:

Again, eh. I can see where Nina was coming from when she called it trashy, but really I've seen worse. I'm sad to see Kelli go, although I didn't think she was going to win it all anyways, so I guess now is a fine enough time to get the boot. I did think it was a bit tacky for Kenley to laugh at Daniel's claim of himself having fabulous taste. Apropo, but tacky.

And who should have been auffed:

Seriously Blaine? Does this say "fashion icon" to you? Looks more like something you'd see at H&M or Forever 21. Cheap, and way too casual. Now, I think he could have made this look alot more classy and sophisticated had he just used better fabric. A rich chocolate brown short with a crisp white or Navy button down with a pop of red t underneath. Something better than grey and blue at least. He just missed the mark.

But classic was when the designers were asked in the interviews who they thought the fashion icon guest judge might be, and Stella (and her letha) picked Hilary Clinton and Sharon Osbourne. Seriously? Fashion icons? Um yeah.

So, that's all my thoughts for now about PR. I'm sure we'll get another fab episode tonight with the drag queens. Gonna go catch a few more zzzzs before my kiddos are up in a two hours. Yay.

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

I almost felt like Blayne was set up. I have seen the show, and her character would never wear something like that. Why would she pick his design of shorts? She had to know that's what it would potentially look like. I don't know if he sold it to her as the fancy shorts, or whatever, but give me a break.

Loved Keith's skirt. The shirt, meh.