Monday, August 11, 2008

DALHAUSSER IN THE HIZZOUSE



Okay, so is anyone else enjoying the Olympics this summer? Well, to be honest I haven't been watching a whole lot. And that's mostly because I hate how the Olympics are broadcast. You never know when the sports you like to watch will be airing. You tune in for Soccer, but instead you have to wait for two hours of badminton. Which by the way, I am totally watching next time it's on. If my parents had only got me into badminton I'm sure I could have been an Olympian too. Anyways, I have no more excuses for not watching the Olympics since I found this really cool thing here. You just type in your zip code and it will bring up the stations in your city airing the Olympics. Then pick a sport from the pull down menu, and WALLA. The sport you are looking for and the exact time it will be airing. Genius right?

Well, you might be wondering what that guy above has to do with this post. Well, let me tell you. His name is Dalhausser, and he is one half of the men's USA beach volleyball team. And he is fan-double-tastic. I watched them play this morning while I got my work out on, and it was awesome. Inspiring. I should watch the Olympics every time I work out. Then maybe I wouldn't look like I just had a baby. But yeah, Dalhausser was incredible. He was blocking the shizz out of the Swiss guys. He can jump like a gazelle and then just roof the net and bam. No way your getting that ball ova the net. And his hitting? Ya betta take cova!. (That is my crap-talking voice.) Seriously. It was awesome. They were playing so hard, and I could almost feel their adrenaline pumping through the screen. It was like I was in the elliptical Olympics. And I was totally awesome and winning. And yes, I am a retard.

But seriously, you guys gotta check out the Olympics. And specifically the men's beach volleyball. It's insane. Go team USA!

4 comments:

Jo said...

Well Phil and Todd are good but I'm not rooting for them as my cousin and his partner are trying to beat them for the USA spot in placing! :) Jake and Rosenthal played yesterday in pouring rain and kicked their opponents butts! :) I'm just saying that maybe you can be motivated by watching them also when working out :)

(I emailed everyone his profile but I didn't keep your email address so if you want to know more, let me know :) :)

Kristina P. said...

I haven't been watching volleyball at all.

I have taken in gymnastics and swimming last night, when the USA men's swimming team kicked France's snooty swimsuits and won gold. I almost teared up. Almost.

Mandi said...

hi. just found your blog through kristina's. pretty sweet. lol. anyway, I may or may not feel the need to blog-stalk you> lucky, i know :)

DP said...

Yeah with all your local pride you should be pulling for the other US team that has Jake Gibb from Bountiful playing for them