Tuesday, August 26, 2008

POLITICS IN THE PARK




Who: Obama & You

What: Convention Night Friends & Family Picnic (Convention Watch Party)

When: Thursday August 28th @ 6pm (Speech starts approx 8pm)

Where: Canyon Rim Park 3100 E. 3100 S.

Why: Why not?

How: Walk, ride, or drive to get there, then sit, listen and enjoy.



Watch Obama’s historic acceptance speech live from Denver on a giant outdoor movie screen. Bring your picnic baskets, coolers, blankets and games for a party under the stars at Canyon Rim Park. The celebration begins at 6 pm Sen. Obama's speech is scheduled for approx 8 pm. Make a homemade sign to show your support. T-shirts, yard signs, bumper stickers, buttons, sodas and snacks will be available for small donations. Bring balls, games, frisbees and get to know other Obama supporters. Please pass this invitation on to fellow Obama supporters.




Well, I was going to have a little viewing party that evening at my house, but then I remembered all my friends are republicans. So, maybe I'll head on over to the Park. Sounds like a fun way to watch the speech. Gotta love living in 'the rim'. Any other Salt Lake Dems out there wanna tag along?

5 comments:

duff said...

Even though I am still undeclared about my candidate choice, I think it would be fun to go to that! Thanks for the heads up, I will have to see if my democrat hubby wants to go (he wanted to watch the convention last night so I'm going to assume that's a yes)

duff said...

Oh and I guess I'm logged into my mom's account, so this is Kris, not Duff.

Kristina P. said...

I'm still undecided. While I may vote for Obama, I don't have enough love for him to devote a whole evening. But have fun.

Please make sure to take pictures of all the crazy rightwingers who have Obamageddon signs.

Aimee said...

You know if I lived there your little Democrat blogging friend (that's me!) would join you in a second. I love the energy around his campaign and in a crowd you especially feel it.

Have fun!

Unknown said...

Hmmm...what are you going to do with your kids? That is my dilema...should I get a babysitter? Are you guys really going?