Thursday, August 14, 2008

AN OPEN LETTER

To my dearest in-laws and their family and children,

You all suck. At RSVPing that is. Why is it that whenever I send out a simple e-vite where all you have to do is click one button, yes or no, and send, it seems somehow that this is too hard? Welcome to 2008 people. RSVP already! I can clearly see that you all have viewed the invite. Now just reply! Click, click send and we are all happy campers. I'm not sure if you are all being rude, lazy or just waiting to see if something better comes up, but you all totally suck at RSVP-ing. So, GET ON IT ALREADY! The dang party is on Saturday people.

Most sincerely,

Amy


P.S. Thank you to Marijke who is the sole person from Hub's family to RSVP. You are fabulous.

P.S.S. Thanks to my family, who ALL RSVP'd the day they got their invite. That's they way to do it people.



P.S.S.S. If you are a loyal reader of my blog then you should clearly know where I stand on this issue. I've been on my RSVP soapbox many times and I won't bore you with another round today. Just know that it is polite and respectful to RSVP. Oh, and easy. And good karma. Need any other reasons? In the words of Nike, Just do it already.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You have hit on one of my biggest pet peeves. I belong to an etiquette board, and I started a thread about why people don't RSVP.

Varied responses, but the bottom line is that it's kind of rude not to.

Aimee said...

I am with you on the RSVP's. Thanks for doing so to the shower on Saturday. You get a star in my book.