Friday, August 15, 2008

FRIDAY FLASHBACK - vol. 1 MONSTER MASH


Okay, so I've seen Flashback Fridays on other blogs and I absolutely love them and always wanted to do them myself. But since I was stuck in the nineties and the last person on the planet who didn't have a scanner, the fun just couldn't be mine too. But don't cry for me too hard cause now I have my brand spanking (well about a month old) new scanner and I've decided to go ahead and start my own little Friday Fun. Aren't you excited?


And frankly, I really needed to start things off with a bang. So I went downstairs and two minutes later I had this little beauty in my hands. Yes. This is a perfect way to kick of Friday Flashbacks.


Really. What better way to kick off the fun then to put up a High School dance picture? I mean, my dance pictures from High School have to be some of my funniest photos I own. Really. The people in them, the outfits, the goofy faces forever immortalized. So fun.


Okay, so this little pic was taken I believe (correct me if I'm wrong girls) my Junior year of H.S. at our annual Monster Mash dance held at Cottonwood. This was a multi-school dance and since me and my girlfriends are smart we decided to all go stagg (since it's girls choice) and see if we could meet some cute guys from the other schools. Only problem was, they all had dates. Yeah, we were pretty smart. I don't remember much else, besides that it was almost as much fun getting ready for the dance as actually attending. And in case you are blind or retarded, we decided to all go for a fun 80's theme. I like this picture cause it's one of the only pictures with ALL of my girlfriends from H.S. in it.


Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and try to name all the people. First names of course for anonymity's sake, and cause I just have a crappy memory.


Very back row: Joslyn, Some guy, Chris, and Jeremy. And for the record. I have no idea why these guys decided to jump in our picture. Lame-o.


Standing: Tracee (sweet leg warmers), and very close to her I'd like to point out is Sara, Heidi, Brooke, Cami, Stacie, Jodi, Crystal, Chelsea (who all look thrilled), and Mary blowing a sweet bubble.

Kneeling: Yours truly (nice profile right?), Ash, and Michelle.

Sitting: Jamie, Holly, Stacie, Jill (what is with the gum?), Cathi, and Abby.



Man, those are some sweet outfits. I laughed for a good five minutes after I found this. I have no idea why I was the only one not looking at the camera. And you can't really tell from my bad angle, but my hair was crimped to perfection. And yes, that is a rainbow sweatband, and a neon-green mesh see-through shirt. SA-WEET! Our outfits are hilarious. The three random guys are even funnier. Oh man. Those were the days.


And if any of these girls are reading this, HOLLA!! Eagle Pride 4-EVA! And I'm totally calling a Monster Mash reunion picture be taken this Halloween. 80's theme again and all. Anyone in?

HAGS!







4 comments:

Jill said...

Love it! Thanks for the good laugh, boy do we know how to have a good time! As I remember, we were so into ourselves that we didn't want to ask dates, but we welcomed any guys that wanted to come with to tag along with our group (wasn't that thoughtful of us) But of course, we weren't paying for them ;) My girlfriend asked me if I had a crimper the other day, sadly, I don't know where mine has gone.

Stacie said...

Am, I love it! I haven't seen this one in a long time. I am so in for the Halloween reunion!

Jo said...

Thanks for the reminder of Monster Mash! I haven't thought of that dance in forever. My first one was my freshman year and since we weren't 16 yet, we conveniently invited the same amount of boys as girls that were going and then we all tried to pair off throughout the night. Sadly, only one partnership ended up as 'together'. Good times!!!

Ashley said...

This is definitely a classic Amy! Love it! Except for my face. What am I doing? About to hurl?
The only thing I remember about that night is dancing around to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. Totally forgot those dudes came with us. They were just in it for all these hot '80s chicks.