Friday, March 28, 2008

PRODUCT JUNKIE

Have you guys heard of this stuff? It's magic in a bottle. Really.


I picked some up a few weeks ago while I was at Costco, and it is fan-double-tastic. It has become a staple at our house. Like cheese, graham crackers and pepperoni. The Fusion is genius really. A full serving of fruits and a full serving of, wait for it, wait for it, VEGETABLES! How awesome is that? I used to feel so guilty about fruit juices being loaded with sugar that I didn't give Thing 1 and Thing 2 juice for like a good 6 months. But when I saw that this had vegetables in it, I thought, well, can't go wrong with that one. I heard they also have a V8 Fusion light, but I haven't tried it yet, and I'm not sure what makes it light yet. If they cut out sugar great. If they replaced it then, not-so-great. But for now, The Fusion is one product that I highly recommend. It's good for ya, and tastes great too. Plus it cuts away at a little bit of the shame that I feel when it seems all my children have had to eat all day is fruit snacks (i.e. sugar), goldfish crackers, and chocolate milk. (Yeah, I'm pretty much mother-of-the-year.) Now, if they could only make this organic I think it would be the perfect product ever.


Now, while I'm on the product junkie train, I have a question for all my good blogging friends out there, particularly the ones in Utah. Have any of you used/tried Winder Dairy? I'm thinking of signing up, but don't know anyone who has used their services. If you use this on a regular basis, please comment, or if you've tried it and it sucks, please comment too. I'm wondering if it's worth the money. All natural/organic milk, veggies, fruits & meats delivered to your door on a weekly basis. I love it cause it's a great way to get organic products, plus they deliver it to your door, which lets face it, one less trip out anywhere with Thing 1 and Thing 2 seems almost worth any price. And it's a local business, so that's a plus too. So, if anyone knows anyone who likes or hates Winder Dairy please let me know.


Thanks!

6 comments:

Aimee said...

My family used Winder Dairy my whole life until we moved to Seattle. We LOVED it. Their milk is super delicious and the cows are treated well too.

Scott and I were going to sign up but the contract we would have to sign was longer than the time we were going to still live in Utah.

No question in my mind. GO FOR IT. You will love it.

Jo said...

I have had friends who have used and loved it. The only reason they quit was due to the cost; I'd do it if I was able to eat anything :)

Sadie said...

we had winder dairy when we lived in midway. I really liked that I did not have to go to the store for my staples and I feel like it saved me money because then I did not impulse buy! on the other hand... they do have a nice selection of fruits and vegies...we did the vegies of the month boxes... for the price they really were not worth it and the vegies and fruits never really survived the delivery. I always felt like I ended up throwing half of them out. The cheese, bread, milk, yogurt, apples... were all great. Bagels were not too good! Also.. during the summer don't forget to collect your food from your cooler first thing in the am... I learned that one the hard way. I also felt that they were very good about customer service, credits for problems etc... but there were problems...every other delivery was messed up in some way or another...never usually a big deal. Hope this helps! sorry for the scatter brained comment! guess it is time for bed!

Kristin said...

I had Winder Dairy for about 6 months, but Jake and I arn't milk drinkers and I wasn't going through the delivered Silk fast enough. I got the veggies which I think weren't worth it, but their Brat's, Blueberry Ice Tea and grapefruit were tasty. We just couldn't justify the repeated waste of food. If we were milk drinkers I think we would have definitely continued with it!

marcie b said...

grew up with winder dairy, loved it and when i have a place all my own, i like to think i'd sign up. who doesn't love having a milk man? and your kids will think it is uber fun to go get the milk out of the milk box....too charming, now i want it.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.