Monday, March 10, 2008

BLOG, er BRAG

So today after my workout at the gym, I go to pick my kids up from the kids care just like any other day.

Then it happens, something I thought I'd never hear.

The lady checking us out says, "Your little boy is so sweet. He has such a calming affect on all the other kids."

And I was so sure she wasn't talking to me, that I actually turned around to see who she was talking to. Hmmm. No one there. Wierd. I look up and say, "Are you talking to me?"(Now, don't get me wrong, I love Thing 1, but let's be honest here. He isn't exactly known for his calming abilities. In fact, I would say it is quite the opposite. ) And she says, "Yes, he is so sweet to the other kids and especially his sister."

Well, you shoulda seen this proud mama's smile. I'm sure it went from ear to ear. I had to just bask in the awesome-ness of the moment for a minute. I don't think any care-giver ever has said such nice things about Thing 1. Ever. Ever. In three years. Ever. I had to sear this memory into my head, and then post it pronto, cause I'm not so sure this type of thing will ever happen again, so I had to document it for proof.

Pretty much the only thing that would have made this moment better was if there had been another mother, or child or anyone there to hear. Just for once I have a good kid. Which automatically means I'm a winner as a parent right?

I just still am in total shock. And I was so happy with Thing 1 that I almost took him right then and there for an ice cream cone (the ultimate in his world), but then I remembered it wasn't even ten o'oclock yet. So instead they each got a tic-tac.

Man, today has been a good day.

No comments: