Thursday, March 20, 2008

KABOOST

So being the product junkie that I am, as well as a good blogger, I like to combine the two, and share all my favorite products with my fellow bloggers in hope that I can help make another's life a little easier and therefore better.


Now, being a mom is not an easy thing. You know what else isn't easy? Cleaning out a high-chair/booster seat. Oh man. That can take you an entire episode of survivor if the child has had, lets say, chocolate pudding and Graham crackers. Yeah. Kinda like sawdust and mud. Makes for a really fun adventure when you go to clean it out. All the cracks, crevices, and corners in a booster is enough to drive anyone mad. And even when I do douse the entire thing in Clorox, I'm never really sure how "clean" it is. So I've decided to ditch them (booster seats) altogether.


And no, I'm not using phone books, or making them kneel. I saw these cool new gadgets called the kaboost. It is a funky green contraption that snaps on the bottom of your chair that then boosts said child (and chair) up to the table/counter. And walla. No more bruised knees, slipping boosters, and hours spent trying to dislodge jello from the seat cracks.


I wasn't so sure I was going to like it, but I have to say I really do. Sure I am cleaning up more off the floor, but the fact that all I have to do is wipe off the chair seat and then get the handy-dandy hand-vac out for a little suck, and walla. Clean table, clean chair, clean floor.

Now, beware, these are really for kids who are older. I mean they have to be able to sit up and stuff. I'd say like 18 months to 5 or 6. I got one for both of my kids and my only gripe has been that they are a bit too sturdy. I wish they had wheels or something on the bottom, which would make it easier for my kids to get in and out of their chairs. But the time I save cleaning out a booster more than makes up for the two seconds I have to take to push them in to the table.


So, if you are like me, and have a child who was born messy, then I highly suggest the Kaboost. Now if they only had a contraption for cleaning the child up after the messy dinner. Oh, they do, it's called a bathtub.


Happy Dining!

No comments: