Friday, March 21, 2008

MY THOUGHTS ON THIS VERY GOOD FRIDAY

1. First off, I'm not sure if it's the fact that it's been so warm and sunny lately, or because I've finally successfully cut gluten out of my diet, but I feel like the 12th member of the Von Trapp family. I could sing from the top of the hills. It just seems so magical it now officially being spring and all. Just magical.


2. Or maybe I'm still having lingering effects from seeing "Enchanted" the other day. And would you still read my blog if you knew that I actually, um sorta, well kinda, enjoyed it? Our ward had a little GNO activity and we went to see it, and it was well, enchanting. I mean I was a little confused that McDreamy had a child. Is the mother Addison? Very confusing.


3. The only thing that should ever be banana flavored is well, bananas.


31/2. Is it bad that yesterday in my prayers I thanked the Lord for Noggin? What would I do without Dora & Boots?


4. I am just loving my new Victoria's Secret Pink boyfriend sweats. I am convinced these might be the perfect sweats. Now, let me just say that being 5'8 it is particularly hard to find cute sweat pants worthy of the grocery store (i.e. cute) that after the first wash don't turn into floods. Sure I've tried the men's styles, which are long enough, but then they tend to have the longest inseams on the planet. The crotch is down by my knees, and that my friends is just a bit too drafty for me. The VS Pink boyfriend sweats are super long, plus super baggy so I only have to get a size small which makes me feel sadly, strangely good inside that I can fit into small pants. I know, I'm very vain and also pathetic.


5. Is it sad that said sweat pants were worn two days in a row? Yep, I didn't even run a comb through my hair yesterday or open my makeup bag. I know, lucky Hubs right? But in my mind this is a good thing. We've been holed up at our house potty training Thing 2--pretty successfully, and trying to get ready for the big shindig on Saturday.


6. Now, this shindig has got me thinking. Being the lazy/non crafty person I am, I just sent out an e-vite for Hub's little get-together. And I have been completely shocked at the fear that people have of committing. It really is ridiculous. I mean e-vite (love them) couldn't make things easier if they tried. All you have to do is click yes or no if you are coming then one more click to send, and walla, instant reply. The host is happy, and so is the guest. Everyone is informed and can plan appropriately for food. I am not sure if people are waiting to see if something better comes up, or they are just lazy, or rude. But surely it can't be because it's difficult to R.S.V.P. After this experience I'm gonna be a dedicated fantastic R.S.V.P-er.


7. Why exactly do we used R.S.V.P. I mean, I'm sure it's just some french phrase that means 'get back too me soon'. So why is it that we don't just use G.B.T.M.S.? I mean last time I checked we spoke English here, not french. Maybe that's the reason people don't R.S.V.P. Perhaps they just don't know what these letters mean. French is pretty difficult to understand, especially when we speak English folks. Yes, maybe I'd have a better response if I put G.B.T.M.S. But then again, maybe not. Hub's friends have serious commitment issues.


8. As I've been cleaning up for the party its been really amazing just how much crap I have that I don't need, and furthermore, just how incredible it is how much crap I can stuff into my storage room. But, now I'm wishing I'd have gotten the Easter baskets out before I began 'project clean-up a.k.a. project throw stuff in the storage room.' Since they are in the very back. Smart thinking Ames.


9. Am I a bad mother that a) I feel guilty and sad about having to spend 5 grand on new hearing aids? I mean I love Thing 1, but it's just sooooooooo much money. Is it wrong that I'm considering one hearing aid is fine? and b) I've given all my kids the banana flavored Lafy Tafy?



These are my thoughts this GOOD FRIDAY. Have a great weekend y'all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

um, did I purposely not get an evite to the birthday bash?