Monday, March 17, 2008

IT'S NOT EASY

BEING GREEN.

Ya wanna know what else isn't so easy? Explaining St. Patricks day to a three-year old. It went a little something like this:

Mom: Do you know what today is?

Thing 1: My birthday?

Mom: Uh, no. St. Patrick's day.

Thing 1: (said with the craziest expression ever) St. Patrick's Day?

Mom: Yea.

Thing 1: What's that?

Mom: Well, it's really fun. Everyone has to wear green clothing or you get to pinch them.

Thing 1: I can pinch?

Mom: (thinking maybe this wasn't the smartest converstation to have, just yet.) Well, techincally you can only pinch people today that aren't wearing green. Not tomorrow. Just today.

Thing 1: I get to pinch you?

Mom: No. I'm wearing green.

Thing 1: I can pinch you, cause it's St. Patrick's day.

Mom: Not if I'm wearing green. (This is about the time I realize that I should have gotten Thing 2 dressed first, before having this converstation).

Thing 1: Sister isn't wearing green.

Mom: oh. right. (oops!)

Thing 1: I GET TO PINCH YOU SISTER, CAUSE YOU AREN'T WEARING GREEN. (said while running across the room at a full sprint.)

Thing 2: Ouch! Mommy, he hurt me! (begins crying)


Yeah, this holiday, wierd as it is, is best explained if all around are first dressed in green.


Just a little friendly tip for ya!

No comments: