Thursday, March 13, 2008

A LITTLE TAR-JAY LOVE


So it is true I have a bit of a crazy-kind-of love for bags, purses, poketbooks, or carryalls. Whatever your term, I love them. Especially when they are new.
Just like how some people relish pulling on a new, fresh out of the bag pair of socks, I too enjoy a new, crumb-free, good smelling bag. And given the current stage of my life, these bags just so happen to be diaper bags. And I did not accept this transition with happiness. At first I rebelled. Resorting to large bags disguised as diaper bags. But it just wasn't working out. Sure the bags were big enough to carry all of the necessities, but all the paci's and diapers kept getting lost in the vast-ness that was my rebellion.
So, eventually I gave in. And have found, luckily, a number of quite cute, yet useful diaper bags. The one great thing about diaper bags versus the regular standby is that diaper bags are made with about a thousand pockets, zippers and cubbies. And usually, if they are well made, come with a matching changing pad, which is very useful. The one problem is though, that baby products and baby gear have turned into this gynormous three-ring-circus. Diaper bags now selling for over a hundred dollars! And to think, they are just going to get snot-wipes put in them, and cherrios spilled all over the bottom. Not the best way to spend $ 100 dollars if you ask me. So the challenge has been to find a cute, useful, yet wallet-friendly version.
But you see, I think I have a problem, er rather a solution. As much as I love a new bag, I think I have found the perfect one. The diaper bag that trumps them all. And let me tell you friends, I have tried about every brand out there. And yes I'm ashamed to admit, even the expensive ones.
But yesterday I found this little gem at Tar-jay and I think it has put an end to my search for the perfect diaper bag. It is called the Spark by Skip Hop Diaper Bag. It has about a million pockets inside for all the diapers, wipes, and snacks, with enough room left over for a change of clothes. And the real clincher? TONZ of outside pockets. Two big ones in front--great for, well pretty much anything. Two zippered pockets great for stowing that digital camera and wallet in a easily accessible, yet secure place. No more searching through through mounds of toys, dipaers and clothes while you miss that kodak moment. Two mesh holders on the side for bottles/sippys. And the changing pad? Fits perfectly in it's own pocket on the outside. Brilliant. And the bag can be a tote or a hands-free messenger. Plus it has stroller straps perfect for long walks. And I have to admit I was a sucker for the not-so-cute camo. I'm tired of all the pastel. I wanted something a little more substantial, perhaps, maybe something a little less girly?
I thought this might be a fun recommendation for all those prego girls out there, or maybe a heads up for them as to what they're going to open up from me at their showers. (Just try to look surprised.) My only problem? What will I do now when I want to have a new, fresh diaper bag? I can't imagine parting with his beauty. I guess maybe I'll have to buy stock in Skip Hop diaper bags. But hey, at only $29.99 a pop I won't feel too guilty if my urge for a fresh new Spark creeps up.
Oh how I love the fabulous-ness that is Tar-jay. Happy Shopping!

No comments: