Wednesday, September 3, 2008

PEACE OUT KIETH

So, lets talk a little Project Runway. I know I'm a week late, but we can't not talk about last weeks ep, with Kieth being aufed and all. So, lets get to it.



So, the show last week was all about designing and making an outfit out of car parts. Saturn car parts, more specifically. I have to say, that these types of challenges are my very favorite. You get to see the contestants creative sides really come out, which I love. It reminded me a bit of the grocery store challenge. Allot of people opting out for the seat belts. Just like they did with the table cloths. Oh well. I guess it doesn't so much matter what you use, as long as your design is di-zope.


So, here is the winner:

This little number was made by Leanne, and I have to say, even though I HATE those stupid bumps (why would anyone want volume added there? I guess it would make it easier to carry my two year old around. A nice little padded seat.), the rest however is lovely. The leather is Divine, and the seat belt fringe is genius. Yay for Leanne. I really like that she is coming out of her shell a bit. She is very creative, if not a bit boring in her interviews. I'm again, having Jillian flashbacks. Oh well. We have enough other contestants that keep me laughing. More about that later.

This is the losing design:

by Kieth. The Utahn. And I have to say, his design is totally boring, but that isn't what bugged me this week. What bugged me to no end, was all his whining. Whining about what the judges were expecting out of him, Whining about the challenge, and whining about being from Utah. And really? Who cares. Move Kieth. Just get out. Move to L.A., or NYC, just get the H-E double hockey sticks out. (As you can see, I have no patience for people who diss Utah. Ya don't like it? Then get the eff out.) Clearly, Kieth and I have some growing up to do.

And the one who should have won:

This coat is by Korto. And I have to say, each week she amazes me. When I saw her putting this thing together at first I wasn't so sure it was gonna be creative enough, or have enough "wow" factor. But the thing about Korto is she always keeps it real with her design aesthetic and fit. Even though the model looks like she is constipated, I think the coat itself is flawless. Too bad I'm always writing about Korto like this. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. One day soon honey.

But enough about the designs. Let's talk crazy for a bit. Okay, first off, was anybody even the least bit shocked that Stella has a boyfriend named, "Ratbones"? Seriously, Ratbones? And finally, the one episode where Stella should be in heaven with all the Saturn letha, but instead, says she wants to show us what else she can do. Okay. Whatever Stella.

But the best line of the night comes from Jerell, who said of Terri, "[She's] got two faces and only four patterns." Love it. Love it. The Catiness from the men is my favorite.

Oh, and if I hear Suede say whackadoodle one more time I am gonna whack his doodle. He is officially the oddest bird.

And tonight? I need a moment of silence for the mother-of-fashion herself. Diane Von freaking furstenberg is gonna have a little cameo. Gotta love PR.

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

I agree that Keith was Whiny Mcwhiny. But, I read on the PR blogs, that his model was specifically asked not to sit down, and when she went into the makeup room, she just plopped down in the chair. Not cool.

However, that doesn't excuse his lack of creativity, and don't blame the judges for not knowing what they want.

And I agree about Korto's coat. I would 100% wear it, everyday.