Monday, September 29, 2008

THE VEGAN CHRONICLES part 3


So, I must give a little product push for one of my very favorite vegan/raw food snacks on the market. I was actually introduced to these bad boys a few weeks before my vegan conversion, and have been enjoying them ever since.
These are Lara bars. They are absolutely delicious, and are completely 100% healthy. Each of their bars have less than 5 ingredients. Such as the banana bread one I just enjoyed, that had bananas, dates and almonds. That's it. Seriously. And it was fabulous. These bars have the consistency of cookie dough, and taste almost as sweet. I really love the lemon, key lime pie and pistachio. I haven't tried some of their sweeter varieties which I hear are delightful (such as the cinnamon roll pictured above). They have almost a bazillion different flavors and am looking forward to sampling them all.
Lara bars are vegan, raw food approved, gluten free, and 100% healthy. You must try them for yourself. If you live along the Wasatch front you can find them at most grocery stores (Smiths), Whole foods, and even REI.
So, far, with yummy snacks and treats like these, my vegan experience as been absolutely delightful. One week down. Forever more to go.
Thanks to Jenny O. for this sweet tip!

No comments: