Monday, September 29, 2008

ENLIGHTEN ME



As we were driving home from a little dinner out with our friends and fam tonight, I saw at least 15 Obama/Biden yard signs (which I was coveting BTW, since aparently the one I ordered 3 weeks ago is backordered) on our way home. As we were driving along I mentioned to Hubs, how for a state that is notoriously RED, there sure are alot of Obama yard signs around. And funny thing. . . I've yet to see a McCain/Palin yard sign. Ever. Not tonight, not all summer, never. So, this begs the question:

Are people in Zion, finally, gradually seeing the light, and moving towards wisdom and Change? Or are they just too embarassed to admit they are voting for McCain and his nut-job VP? Cause really, you would think with a state that is so proudly republican, you would see a few McCain yard signs out there, no?

Enlighten me please.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

This would please my heart to no end if it were really true.

I get so tired of people pulling in the church when arguing political issues. The founding document of our nation prides itself on the division of church and state. Its seems hard for people to remember that.

Stacie said...

With the majority of Utahn's being Mccain supporteers I think we see more Obama paraphanelia because the minority wants to be heard. Don't ya think when you feel like your going against the norm you have to speak just a bit louder? It was that way when John Kerry ran against Bush too. Would you agree?

Joanie said...

Hahahaha! I've never been to Utah, but this post cracks me up. I'm from Arkansas, so I see a good mix. We've still got some Bill lovers, here. I see a lot of 'I miss Bill' stickers. ;)