Tuesday, September 9, 2008

AUTUMN


With September comes many wonderful things. Such as preschool (i.e. freedom), cooler temperatures (who doesn't love a good long-sleeved shirt? Just ordered a new one for fall today from the Obama camp. Yay!), leaves changing (reds, oranges, & yellows - oh my!), Ryan (Gosling) & Rachel (McAdams) are back together (finally), tv gets good again, BB will crown a champion (Go Dan!), Utah football games, and last but certainly not least, only one month till the very best day of the year (no, not Christmas. My birthday of course).


Yes, fall is a beautiful time. My very favorite actually. I just love all things autumn. The colors, the holidays (hello people, free candy?), the re-emergence of pants. All good things.

But I do have to say, Summer O-8 was a good one if you ask me. So I decided, in memory of a such a great summer, to highlight two of my very favorite things that I did in May, and enjoyed all summer and am still enjoying here even into September.

One)


I (meaning Hubs of course) planted beautiful petunias in my flower boxes. They look absolutely charming. And I have thoroughly enjoyed driving home and seeing the red popping out of my boxes. It's very Martha Stewart of me(meaning Hubs) I know.

and Two)

I decided our Adirondack chairs that we got from Smiths marketplace a few years ago (for only $30 buckaroos), needed a little face lift. So I went for the cherry red that matched the petunias and walla. Total and complete joy. Never knew painting a few chairs could spruce up the old crib like it did. If being a mom doesn't work out, I can always be a host on HGTV, and tell other people what they need to do to Martha-ize their homes.

HYA-HAGS (hope you all had a great summer)

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Love the new chairs. Darling.

Bye bye summer!

Make sure you share a pic of you in your Obama tee.

Jo said...

I agree with Aimee, I want to see a pic of you in your tee! Also, I love, love, love fall! I walked out of Costco this afternoon to rain and the smell and thought, or maybe said as I talk to myself aloud a lot lately, hello fall! It's so, so great!

Oh, and loved your family pics. Rossi was telling me and my friend a story about how your hubby and his siblings threw a party before the family moved in to the Holladay house. It was quite funny and I can only imagine how scared the hubby must have been as Rossi can be scary (not that I've ever seen in case he's reading this :)

Kristin said...

Cute and Cute...love the red next to the clay colored back drop. Fall is my absolute favorite time as well because on some level it symbolizes fresh starts--probably because this is the time of year we always started school!

Suzanne said...

Love the flowers, love the chairs...love the red!! What a great way to display your Ute pride. I love fall, too...it's just a yummy season all around.