Wednesday, September 10, 2008

AN OPEN LETTER

So, Yeah. I'm pretty sure I owe an apology to just about everyone I've ever met (cause I'm just a tad bit opinionated), but this particular apology today will be to my girlfriends. And yeah. Here it is.



Dear Sara, Jill, Holly, Abby, Stacie, & Trish,

I am honestly so sorry for my inability to be able to shut my mouth about our current political situation. I know you are well aware of my hatred for the current President and his insane politics. And because of this I have become just a bit too excited about the reality that he will soon be leaving office (HAL-LE-LURE-YA). And my enthusiasm for change in Washington can at times be overbearing and annoying. So for this, I apologize.

However, having said that, I still do really think that Sara Palin is an idiot. And should never have accepted the offer of VP. She has a brand new baby, and a teenage daughter about to have her own, herself. Timing is everything.

And yes, I think Barack and Joe are our country's best hope for seeing real change. Getting us out of the sticky mess we are in in Iraq, being able to lead us up and out of a recession, and being able to repair our relations with the rest of the world (just to name a few). And hopefully I will be able to find a calm & collected way of sending and sharing my thoughts about the fact that Barack is just the thing we need in this country. Another 8 years of our current politics is not.

And although I know you aren't all Republicans, those of you that are, I hope we can still be friends. Being able to discuss politics, religion, and all those other "off-limits" topics with all of you is something I love. Being able to learn and grow, and see others viewpoints is healthy. Thinking that all Republicans are idiots is not.

I can't promise to never talk politics again with you girls, (cause really, this is a very exciting time for us as a country) but I do promise to not let my strong viewpoints overpower the discussion. I promise to not to use swear words at least. Hows that for a start?

Sincerely,

Amy R.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Oh, Amy, you crack me up. I am assuming there is more to this post than what appears on your screen.

I too get a bit passionate about politics at times and there is fine line between discussion and argument. It happens to me often particularly with my brother-in-laws who try and pull in religion into every political discussion we get into. Now, that just gets a bit too personal, now doesn't it.

Good luck bridling your passion!

Ashley said...

Sounds like I missed a good debate! Miss you and strong political outbursts!

Cory and Holly said...

Honestly, it was just really nice to be involved in an adult discussion! I had a blast last night, and thank you for your oppinions and passion!

Deming Family said...

I can't believe you think you need to apologuze! Having opinions and sharing them is what makes friendship fun and interesting! I'd much rather be enlightened than narrow minded! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions and keep them coming!