Wednesday, October 1, 2008

CHANGE I CAN BELIEVE IN

So, I'm off in about an hour to get my hair did (holla to Missy E). Although a part of me is already missing the blond, another larger part, is already looking forward to a fresh, new, brunette do. It was indeed a great "blond" summer, but like every year around this time I'm feeling that itch in the air to darken things up a bit.


Getting my hair done, is one of those things that I've grown to love. I'm not sure if it's because I get a few much needed hours to myself sans kids, or if it is because getting my hair done is a way to satisfy my constant need for change. Anyone who knows me well, knows that my hair has been every color of the rainbow, and as short as an inch long, and also halfway down my back. But in the last 10 years I don't think my hair has been past my shoulders. I blame this on my constant need for change. Yes, I have issues.


And I know this is going to sound weird, but I really like the way it feels to have someone touching me in a totally healthy, nurturing way. Is that weird? It's like I crave that touch. I can't really explain it well, but have you seen the movie crash? It's kind of like that. I think people need to feel other humans. And so, maybe this is why I've always loved to have people brush, braid, or cut my hair. Fills some sort of psycho-social void I must have. :)


Clearly I have issues. But luckily it's nothing a little cut & color can't fix.




Happy October 1st people!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I totally understand that love of someone touching my hair too. It is so relaxing and like you said "healthy". That is a perfect way to put it. In this world of unhealthy touching it is nice to have a relaxing one.

Jo said...

I too love having someone touch my hair and give me such a great scalp massage I could stay in the chair forever! Must come from not having sisters so no one ever played with my hair growing up.

Funny thing: I had my hair done today as well! Had numerous dark highlites put over the blond highlites so it's not a really pretty brown. Love the fall and love changing the hair!