Friday, July 11, 2008

RANDOM THOUGHTS THIS RANDOM FRIDAY. AND FOR DARN SAKES, COMMENT ALREADY!

Okay, so I've been thinking. Are you all aware that the point to blogging is more than just posting random crap? (yes, there is a point to blogging you smart-alecs). The point is, unlike normal websites, blogs have a fun little thing at the bottom of each post, titled Comments. Yes, this is the fun of blogging. You can throw things out there to the world via your blog, then all your readers can comment and tell you if you suck, or you are right on the mark. Or whatever. The point is people, not just to read, but to participate. Really, it's what makes blogging fun. And since I'm vain, and nosy and have a blog counter I know just exactly how many of you naptime readers there are out there. And I also have a brain, and can see that each of my posts averages zero comments. And you see, that is sad. Because the point of blogging, besides airing your dirty laundry, and embarrassing you loved ones, is to have a conversation. With your readers. About your posts. About life. Its about connecting. I share, you share, we all share. Isn't that a Barney song? Well, it's also my new blog motto.


So, I got to thinking, maybe you people just don't know how to comment. So, here is your commenting tutorial. Ready?


Okay, so say I post something that you hate. Or like. Or just think is the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard. So you want to tell me, and the world so. What you do, is take your mouse, and hover the arrow over the comment link. Yep. Then, click. A little box will then come up allowing for you a place to type your comment. Then, type your comment. Okay, now here is where it gets tricky. After you've said your peace, you can either post through your google/blogger account, or if you don't have one, you can click on the anonymous circle, and then you can comment anonymously. Even if you don't have your own blog. And I am totally okay with that. As long as you comment. You see, I'm starting to think I'm failing at this whole blogging thing. Because no one comments. And I'd rather have mean, anonymous comments than none at all. And really if you click the anonymous option you really will be. I will have no idea who posted it. Ever. But, if you want me to sleep well at night, you could still click on the anonymous circle, and then, at the end of your message, sign your name. Yes, that would be really nice. Lovely even. The point people? Comment.


And because I've never really liked hypocrites, I will try to comment more on your blogs too. Fair? Fair. And, if you are a blog stalker, awesome. I would still love to hear from you. Anonymously even.


Okay, so to encourage your comments, I thought I'd discuss a few of my recent random thoughts. You might also have this same thought. That might be something to comment about. Or you might think I need to go jump in a lake and drown. This is also a thought, and could become a comment as well. Okay, so here goes nothing.




1. This is something I learned from my daily gossip blog today. Okay, now don't go judging me. Gossip blogs are wholesome and also faith-promoting. Cause each time I read them, I feel as though I then immediately need to go and read my scriptures. See. Faith promoting. Okay, so apparently, and again, my source is very iffy, but this screencap below was an actual question on Jeopardy! last night.
and I think the "duh" just adds a little something, don't you think? And after seeing this question I'm wondering why I'm sticking around my current job. I so need to be on Jeopardy!



2. Is anyone else excited to see this movie? Okay, really, not me either. Cause I'd rather stick my fingers in a blender than see a comic book action movie, but apparently this little film is expected to gross 160 million it's opening weekend! That is just crazy. Apparently I need to start reading comic books, and the make a movie about them. And then retire fat, happy, and rich.

3. Is anyone else impressed with the amount of bling that Mary is able to pull together in one outfit on SYTYCD? I swear, she just gets gaudier, and gaudier with each episode. The sparkly shirt, all the shiny jewelry, the fake lashes with glitter on them. I swear, it seems like she has the same wardrobe lady as the Vegas showgirls. All she is missing is the feathers.

4. I do not have a picture to go along with this random thought, but it's in my head, so there. Okay, so what is with Celebs naming their kids the craziest things ever? First, well, first there was Apple, and then Cocoa. And the J.Lo named her kids Max and Emme after the Dragontale kids, and then Halle gave props to Walt and named her baby Nahla Ariel, and now it's Nicole Kidman naming her baby Sunday Rose. Now this seems harmless enough but all I can think of anytime I hear that name is Sunday Roast. I know, I am retarded.


5. I heard John McCain was born in Panama, and therefore not a U.S. Citizen. I didn't really think much else, cause I doubt it is true. But I thought about it for like two seconds, so it made my random list.

6. Okay, so apparently the 4th sequel to the Twilight series is coming out the first weekend in August. And I know this is very Mormon of me, but I am excited as heck! I would be ecstatic, except she went to BYU, so I'm only excited. Go Utes! Oh, and is anyone else reading her other novel? The Host? I'm in the middle of it, and it is interesting. I haven't really decided what I think about it yet, cause it is so strange and different, but really that girl has the gift for writing love stories. Really impressive for someone who went to the Y.

7. Does anyone know where I can get these glasses. I have the perfect outfit, and they would be the cherry on my little ensemble sundae. Let me know.



8. Big Brother starts Sunday. And I almost, almost, feel trashy even mentioning it, since last season was so disgusting that after every episode I had to go see my bishop. But that Julie Chen. Just something about her. Makes me want to watch people do ridiculous things for money. And really, lets be honest the only other good things on TV are both on Wednesday night (see previous post), so that means I need to fill Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. And Big Brother does that for me. Fills me up. Let's hope they did better casting this season. Or else I might have to boycott this again.

9. Okay, so I might have a small girl-crush on Cat Deeley. All that beautiful hair, and those long legs, and the accent. Swoon!

10. I know there is allot of SYTYCD on here today, but these are my random thoughts people, not yours. Chelsie. Love her. My favorite on the show. I mean, lets be honest, there are a ton of other awesome dancers. Will, Twitch, Gev. But Chels. Just. so. good.

11. And eggs. I was thinking today that they really are incredible. And edible. Cheap too. And yummy pretty much any way but raw. Fried, boiled, scrambled, and my personal fave; over-easy.


Okay so these are my thoughts, this fine Friday. I hope somewhere along the way I have offended you. Or impressed you (not likely) or made you feel pity for me (very likely). So let me know. Comment. And lets discuss the sadness that is my life and my thoughts. Cause really, if you didn't think anything about this post at all, then I'm not sure you're human or American. So comment. Please?

8 comments:

Aimee said...

I feel like I am exempt from this post because I comment most of the time on your blog.

Silent readers drive me crazy at times. I mean, when you put the effort to write something who doesn't love to get some feedback.

1) Shocked by the Jeopardy question. I would've loved to see Alex read that.
2) I think I will see the Bateman movie but I did like the first one but don't usually like superhero movies. Christian Bale is sexy though. His voice as Bateman scares me though.
3) Don't watch so I can't relate
4) Celebrities have to pick weird names because they want to be different. As if being rich wasn't enough..
5) Go Obama
6) I'm not a fan of Twilight so sue me. I read the first two and it was too long and too cheesy for this girl. Sorry.
7) You can find these glasses on the set of Harry Potter b/c the psychic teacher wears them. Well not exactly these but similar...
8) Don't watch - can't comment.
9) Read #3 & #8
10) Read #3 & #8 & #9 although if I had more time I would watch.
11) Eggs are delightful.

Hows that for commenting!?
7)

Unknown said...

Amy,
First of all, I also love getting comments and suck at giving them. I will be better. Where to begin, I am really excited to see the new Batman movie and I will tell you why. I am not really a huge comic book fan either however, two words make me a fan of this movie: CHRISTIAN BALE!! Yes, I am VERY pregnant but give me a break! My husband is in Iraq! I need some eye candy, I DESERVE some eye candy!

Also, if you find out where to purchase those fabulous glasses, please let me know. I would love a pair as well. Who does her shopping anyway?

I have read The Host and loved it. Very different and well written. I couldn't put it down but then since Eric is in Iraq, I don't have much else to entertain me in the evenings after the kiddies are in bed.

Nancy said...

Hi. Nancy. Friend of Jo's. I read sort of frequently, comment less. Shocked that after your call for comments you've only gotten two so far.

Comment on #4: Thank you for clearing up my confusion about J.Lo's baby names. No idea how she's pronouncing "Emme" as I try to avoid Dragontales but was worried that it was "M" like "Elle" and that she'd named her babies after the magazine Maxim.

#5: Obama better be able to run for President because I refuse to vote for anyone else and I'm not even a Democrat.

#6: Liked the Twilight series, am worried about the movie if this is seriously what they are going to look like. I mean, Edward is supposed to be pale and beautiful, but that just looks creepy. And Bella's supposed to be pretty, but vampire beautiful. They better not ruin these books. Haven't read "The Host." I've heard good and bad.

#7: Is that an Olsen twin in those glasses? What is she wearing? I thought they used to have a fashion line (even if at Walmart) but they seem to have no sense of fashion... mainly just wearing close 18 times too large for them.

Don't watch reality tv, so no comments there.

#11: Eggs are yummy. My new favorite is scrambled with ham or Canadian bacon, cheese and green onions. Mmmm.

Kristin said...

Alright, so Yes I am and have been beyond excited for The Next Batman. I think this latest series is super good and no I didn't read a single comic book growing up. Not really into comic movies either but this series kind of give a realism to magic. Having a anti-social personality disorder as a villan? Brilliant.

Mary Murphy's clothes are as loud as her personality except her personality can grow on you and her clothes do not.

Funniest thing I have heard, "Sunday Roast?" Wouldn't thought of that until you pointed it out and yes, I now will think the same.

Not into Twighlight or Big Brother but definitely into SYTYCD. I love Chelsea as well.

naptime nostalgia said...

Okay, I love that only three people commented. That is too funny.

Aimee--I should have said you were exempt. You are my most loyal commenter. Clearly you grasp the point of blogging. And I feel privileged to get to blog along side you.

Heath--I had totally forgot about the Christian Bale factor. I probably still won't see it since I don't know who that is, but if he is hot, when Hubs inevitably asks me to see it with him, then I won't complain. Too loud. And I'm glad to hear another positive review about The Host.

Nance-- I am with you on the whole Obama thing. Sooo agree. But what I can't get past, is you not watching reality tv! You must be so well-adjusted and normal. I am impressed. And I love meeting new people through blogging. It's too fun.

Thanks for your comments. Now I know who my peeps are.

naptime nostalgia said...

Okay people, Kris and I must have been commenting at the same exact time. Crazy.

Kris, you are one of my peeps too. Thanks for commenting. I knew you would appreciate my Mary comment. That chick is crazy, yet not Paula crazy. Just loud and bling-y crazy.

naptime nostalgia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

I love getting comments, am pretty good at giving them, but I do have to admit I'm not a fan of that word verification thing. I mean come on, are you just testing my hand-eye coordination. I'm sure there's some legitimate reason it's on there, but at the same time, they give you the option to take it off, which I have gladly done on my own blog, you're welcome. So I may be setting myself up for some weird virus or something by not requiring people to match the letters, but ignorance is bliss. So unless you know what that's really there, please people of the blog world, take of that fun word verification game. (I'm really not that lazy)