Monday, April 5, 2010

SMATTERING OF THOUGHTS

  • I am almost positive I have self-diagnosed VW. That's vacation withdrawal in case you aren't familiar. I know it's been a good few weeks since we've been back, but it was the absolute perfect getaway. And I miss the beach.
  • So, after finding out that Thing 1's shoes had two enormous holes in the toes, I decided to go out and look for some high tops for him. He was very excited about it, and talked about it for a good two days leading up to our adventure. After shlumming all over the valley I am 100% certain that there are NO high tops in the valley that don't require tieing. Trust me on this. We went to almost every shoe store on the planet. I found out what he really wanted were Chuck Taylors. Which was funny when I asked the lady at Nordstroms if she had the high top version of Chuck Norris'. Yeah. I'm that awesome. She just looked at me like I was crazy, then laughed. And I did too, cause it's pretty lame. So, we tried them on, and honestly, it's just a lot of laces. And well, I can't even bend over to tie my own shoes at this point, let alone someone elses. So, until he learns to tie, he will just have to wait on the Chucks. But we did get a sweet pair of mid-top Schetchers that are velcro. Not all the way high tops, but higher than low cuts. It's very technical people. But now that he's had his shoes for a week, he tells me he hates them and wants the slip on Vans he also tried on. Man this kid is picky about his accessories.
  • I am officially in my third trimester. Crazy. I can't wait for this baby to come. I'm ready to not have two chins, and to be able to see my toes again, and not have heartburn, and reclaim my waist. Oh, and getting to meet the kid will be cool too.
  • So, Thing 2 turned 4 years old yesterday. I know, on Easter. I was afraid her day would be spoiled by the big bunny, but no, it was just extra special, and filled with lots of candy. She got spoiled rotten by her grandmothers, and had a fantastic day. She is a fabulous little girl, and I'm so grateful she is mine. It was really adorable when she went over and kissed her brother on the cheek (who woke up with a fever and couldn't attend her party--ended up being strep!), and said, "I hope you feel better brother. Come to my party when you do."
  • Speaking of Thing 1 (sheesh this is a kid heavy post), last week to celebrate Thing 2's 4th birthday, I temporarily lost my mind and took 7 kids to Classic Skate, and while he was skating around he fell and smacked his face on the ground knocking his front tooth out. And he just came over cool as a cucumber, grinning with a mouth full of blood about how he had "lost" his tooth. Lost is not quite right there buddy. Not sure it was even wiggly, but it's out now, and the tooth fairy came and he earned his second dollar from the generous lady.
  • So I can't tell you all my level of excitement that Glee is soon to return to TV. It is gonna be total and pure awesomeness. I'm just sure of it.
  • So did you know we have two pet frogs? Well we do. Sara and Tyson. And the only reason I, I mean Santa, got them for the kids was because pretty much the only thing Thing 1 asked for was a pet Dog for Christmas. I just told him Santa was getting old, and his hearing must have failed him, and he brought you a pet Frog. Well, he bought it hook line and sinker. But really, I got them because they are way awesome-er than having a pet dog. No shedding, no poop, no barking, no slobber. But apparently you do have to change their water twice a year. And well, it's been about six months and I can tell the water needs-a-changing. And honestly, I am totally freaked out. Animals scare me. Even ones as little as frogs. I am freaked out I will kill them when i change the water. I am sure I am going to somehow mess the process up, and then they will die, and my kids will hate me, the end.
  • My favorite moment of conference this weekend was during the last session on Sunday when Thing 1 turned to me while Elder Russell M. Nelson was speaking and said, "Mom, that guy has the biggest ears I've ever seen." Pretty sure I laughed for a good ten minutes. I'm hoping with all that laughing I lost a pound. Maybe a half?
  • So my new calling is in the primary. Teaching the valient 11/12s. It's much more low key than the R.S. presidency. Hubs however just got called as the Elders Quorum President. I think it's hilarious when people call him president. And I thought it was even more hilarious when he told me of this great idea his friend Hans had told him about to help with calling and recording home teaching. After he explained the idea to me, I tried to be supportive and not laugh, but what he had just explained to me was a glorified calling tree. Yep, something that women around the world in the PTA and Relief Society have been implimenting for years. He thought it was the best idea he'd ever heard. Hilarious. He really is going to be an awesome EQ pres though. Super excited and motivated. Fun to see him all hyped about the gospel. I really did marry an awesome guy. Have I told you that lately? Well I did.
  • I bought some tulips for our Easter/birthday party for Thing 2 that didn't end up happening, and can I just say how much I love having freshly cut flowers in the house? Makes it feel all springy. Which is more than I can say for the weather.
  • So, have you seen the newer TV show Modern Family? I was introduced to the awesomen-ess of it whilst on vacation and fell in love. If you are not watching/tivoing this show, you must. Or catch it on hulu. Total genius.
  • Still no progress on the nursery, although now that I'm in my third trimester I'm feeling like something is going to happen soon. Especially if I go to home depot and buy the paint and put it on hubs side of the bed.
  • k, think that is all for now. I'm fat, and pregnant, and am happy that spring break is officially over tomorrow. Back to School. Those words never sounded so good. Love you kids!

No comments: