Thursday, April 22, 2010

LOST CONFUSION

SPOILER ALERT.

  • Okay first off, is anyone else not completely enjoying the way the writers are wrapping up Lost? I mean I love the story of course, but the speed, and the way they are just jumping all over the place, it's hard to stay focused. Even for me. Seemed like a huge set-up episode to me.
  • That being said, let's get on with the goods. One of the big "answers" we got this week was that Christain Shepherd (Jack's papa) has just been Smokey/Flocke all along. Not especially surprising really. Kinda figured, since we know that for some reason Smokey doesn't have his own body. However does open the question as to who was it who came to Jack in LA after the rescue, and to Michael on the freighter? Smokey?
  • So, Jack jumps ship. Also not surprising. Although I'm thinking that made for a really terrible swim being in jeans and shoes and having a backpack on and all. Hey, I'm just saying.
  • And if we may discuss the way all these Losties lives are interesecting in the flash sideways. Kinda creepy that Sun recognized Locke. Was she recognizing Fake Locke though? Finally it seems the two realities are beginning to merge. Not sure what this means exactly, but I'm sure it means somthin'. I'm also not sure if their actions off the island or on, are affecting the other existence. Some people really think one affects the other, but I'm not so sure about this. Or is it just destiny that their lives are meant to intersect? I'm sorta thinking that this flash sideways is how the show will end. At least I hope so. That little David (Jack's son) is too adorable a kid, not to ever have been made.
  • Also speaking of Sun, let's talk about this reuniting scene she had with Jin. I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but it seemed a little hoaky, and honestly bugged the crap out of me. Mostly because I wasn't really able to enjoy it cause I wastoo busy yelling at the screen really loudly, "Turn off the fence! Turn off the fence! For the love of all that is holy, I hope they turned off the fence and do not get fried to smitherines!" And then I guess it was off. Wierd. And then I was all distracted about how they didn't have the fence turned on, and I couldn't really enjoy or focus on the reunion.
  • One thing I want to discuss for a moment, is this whole idea that Smokey is telling the Losties about leaving the island. I'm pretty sure it's flawed, and he is lying to them. He tells them that before they couldn't leave the isalnd cause Jacob was alive. Except, they did. On the helicopter. Was that only cause they were together? And if this was the reason, obviously Jacob didn't care. Is this cause he knew they would be back? Or, is it because Smokey was really helping them get off the island (like he told Jack)? So is Jack right in wanting them to all stay on the island?
  • Sorta think it's sad that no one cares if Miles gets off the island.
  • Also even though I think Hurley's comment about Anikan and the dark side was funny, I also think there is more there. Can people come over from the dark side? Sayid, Claire? Smokey?
  • Let's talk Desmond for a moment. I'm not sure what his whole purpose on the island is, but whatever it is, I just think that is a really shallow well. And for the question of the night. . . do we think Sayid went through with it? Killing of Des, I mean? My vote is that Sayid did NOT in fact kill Des, and that he let him go. Although I could totally be wrong on this one. But I'm pretty sure Desmond is too awesome to be dead.
  • And finally, Widmore. What is his deal? Does he really want to kill all these Losties who are candidates? I am so confused as to whose side widmore is on. We know he's not on Smokey/Locke's, but is it Jacob's side, or just his own?
  • And one more finally, so I guess Jack is "the last recruit"? He's officially on Smokey's side? Or is he? dun, dun, dun.

4 comments:

camihubrich said...

I was so ready for Sun and Jin to get fried too, I was flinching, waiting for it...and then nothing. We know that it was on when Smokey went over so it seems like a bit of a mistake on the writers part. It seems they would have it on all the time now. And Hans and I were wondering the same question about Claire/Sayid. Can they become good again? Maybe once they leave the island? This show, I swear...and what's with the super demented, creepy trailers they've been having lately? Not liking them.

Hubbs said...

Nice work, hon! I'm really enjoying he whole good/evil thing. My question is: did jack die when the bomb hit? Is that why flocke could say that he was "now on his side"? I could be totally off there. And Claire - obviously the writers are hoping that you pull for her to turn good again, but she's crazy. Are they really going to turn her crazy off like a switch? And the whole - john's going to be mad when he finds out we are gone...duh. I like the battle of good vs evil that is about to ensue.

Desmond can't possibly be dead - he's the Jacob replacement...just a thought.

bingham 5 said...

When does this show END!?

Jamie said...

Help! I'm dying trying to get Annie to sleep at night. I know you said you just close/lock the door. We're doing the same thing, but now she's up 'til all hrs of the night, gets up super early, and no longer naps very long. Did you do anything in particular to make the transition to the big bed any easier?