Wednesday, April 14, 2010

LOST THOUGHTS

SPOILER ALERT FOR LOST AIRING 4/13

Okay, so let's get right down to business. So much to discuss. Shall we?
  • Okey dokey. First off I want to say, that even though I thought this episode was good, I didn't think it was great. Seemed kind of choppy and all over the place, and honestly, a little rushed. But, it was still good. I mean, there was lots of Hurley so that's definitely good in my book.
  • So it's pretty evident here that the time lines flash sideways and island life are beginning to overlap, and merge if you will. Not sure what this all means, other than it's happening.
  • So if we know they are merging and the characters off the island in the flash sideways are remembering their island lives, are the characters on the island also remembering their flash sideways lives? Is that maybe why Hurley all the sudden has so much gusto? And maybe why Desmond is so calm and fearless?
  • Okay, so it really was great to see Libby again. I guess I didn't realize what a love connection those two had. It was interesting that in the flash sideways Libby was the one who was crazy, and Hurley was "normal". I also think it's interesting who can remember "island life", and how. Charlie being drugged out, Desmond in the MRI & when he touched penny, Daniel when he saw Charlotte, Libby (not sure how she remembers) and Hurley when he kisses Libby. I'm sure there is something significant here, just not sure what.
  • So Ilana dies, and honestly, it was a little shocking but truly, I didn't even care. And still don't. Without any back story on her, it was kinda hard to connect, and therefore care. I mean it sucks that she died cause death sucks, but like Ben said, the island was done with her.
  • Michael. Okay, I didn't really appreciate his return. I never really liked his character, and honestly I was a little disappointed in his "answer" well, rather the writers answer, that the whispers were those that are stuck on the island. In the past seasons these whispers have always preceded the others. And we've been repeatedly told in interviews with the producers that the island is NOT purgatory. So I just did not appreciate this "answer". Seems like a quick fix to me. Boo.
  • Sayid is really bugging me. I mean, his character was one of the more enjoyable ones in the last five seasons, and this year, it's just so annoying. I want the old sayid back.
  • Was it just me or did Smocke seem a little confused to see Desmond? Clearly he wasn't appreciating the fact that he couldn't control, manipulate and scare Des. Do you think this is because Desmond remembers the flash sideways and his other life? Love his whole Zen attitude though about asking Smocke "What is the point of being afraid?" Makes you sort of think that he's asking the devil himself what the point of his existence is? So then Smoke just pushes him down the well. Saw that one coming for sure. Too bad Des didn't. I'm glad though that we got a little sneak peak teaser for next week and we can see that Des ends up being okay. Few. And so then what if he stands up and walks over and turns the wheel? Could it just be that easy? I highly doubt it.
  • So lets talk about the one great thing in this episode. The shocking ending. Des runs over, or under, Locke. I've got a couple theories on this. I did notice that his car had two different license plates in this episode, that they showed very prominently. One when he was stalking Libby & Hurley's date (finally!) on the beach, and another when he runs over Locke. Not sure of the significance, but since we know the writers and producers are so detail-oriented I can't imagine this is a mistake. But I'm just not sure what it means. Is it a third alternate reality (I sure as heck hope not!) or is it Des just changing it so no one can track him down and get him locked up?
  • And why we are on the subject, why does Des go bananas and run him over? Is it to get him to remember the "island" somehow like he did in his near-death experience, or is it because the flash sideways Des remembers Locke pushing him down the well and is pissed, and gets him back?
  • So Sun. I'm thinking a Sun/Jin reunion might not come until the season finale.
  • We must discuss the little smirking boy we saw this episode. Is this an older version of the other little boy we saw a few episodes back? Is this Jacob as a boy, growing older, trying to remind Smokey that his time is running out? Whatever he is, I'm over the producers introducing new characters at this point. I can hardly keep the 15 million currently straight.

Well, as you can see, I've got nada as far as insight goes on this episode. It seemed confusing and jumbled and just wasn't my favorite. Oh well, you win some you lose some. Did you hear that the season finale is going to be five hours?! Well, sorta. A two hour recap, which at first I thought I would just skip since I've seen every single episode of the last five seasons, but honestly I'm thinking it would be nice to just have a little refresher and see how the producers tie everything all up. Then of course the two hour finale, and then an hour on Jimmy Kimmel after the finale. This hour I will probably skip, and just catch the best moments the next day on youtube. But yeah. I can't believe this show is finally winding down. What will I blog about? I guess I will have to start blogging about my actual life again.

No comments: