Saturday, April 17, 2010

MY DAUGHTER THE KLEPTO

So yesterday I needed to run out to the distribution center so I loaded up the kiddos and out we went. Mid-stop Thing 1 announces he must visit the restroom. No biggie, only thing once you go out of the distribution center in midvale, you can't go back in from the back doors. You have to walk through Deseret Book. So there we are walking through Deseret Book to get back to the car, and everything seems fine, until we get outside (almost to the car) and I notice Thing two is grabbing her shirt with both hands. Which isn't really normal. So, I ask her what the problem is. She quickly blushes and says nothing. Which I know can't be true. So, I question her further, and ask to see what she's got down her shirt. She of course refuses, and that's when I realize the little klepto has stolen something.

So, against Thing 2's wishes I stick my hand down her shirt and remove the stolen item. I take one look at it, and it's all I can do to stifle my laughter. My daughter the klepto stole a pencil from Deseret book that said, wait for it, wait for it, CHOOSE THE RIGHT.

Classic. Oh the irony.

2 comments:

Sophia said...

That is freakin hilarious.

bingham 5 said...

Love it! I am sure the people there got a kick out of too when she brought it back - you did make her take it back, right!?