Tuesday, January 13, 2009

TUESDAY'S TIP The Smart Spin!


Okay, so a few months back I got my very first Tuesday's Tip Request. (I know right? How fun is that?) The problem? Tupperware. Kris's question was simple. What do you do to simplify and easify (yes that's a word) your Tupperware?
And really, my answer is very simple. I have The Smart Spin! And I absolutely love it! For a long time I had the old fashioned multiple sized lids and based Tupperware. And I HATED it. I loathed it. I really and truly could not stand it. Actually, I still do have a few of the really large ones, and I still hate them. I can never find a matching lid, or the right size bottom. Uggg. I don't know why I even keep them around.
Because now that I have The Smart Spin, I'm thinner, younger, and wait. . . just kidding. I was starting to sound like an infomercial for a minute. But really, I love this thing. I have it on my shelf above my microwave, and I just pull out the base. (Yes, it slides!) And then spin till I find my desired size grande, venti, or super-venti (ha. don't you hate that about Starbucks? Um, yeah. I will have a medium. Whatever that is.) So, you pick your size, and then here is the great part, all the lids are the same size! What a novel idea! And they have there own little spot. So handy, and so easy. No more rummaging around in a Tupperware drawer or shelf. Now, its all easy and compact and simplified. Wa-hoo.
If I was being completely honest, I suppose now would be an appropriate time to say that I abhor left overs. I really can't stand re-heated food. It's just gross. Or something. It's not that I feel I'm too good for leftovers, it's just that if I'm going to put calories into my body it better be worth it. And re-heated pasta? So. Not. Worth. It. So yeah, I'm not a big user of Tupperware, but when I do use it, I am no longer cursing at the Tupperware Gods. Also, I wish they had more large containers, instead of so many little ones, but other than that, this thing is pretty darn near Tupperware perfection. If there is such a thing. Anyway, I hope this answered your question and tupperware dilema Kris.
Hope you are all having a fabuloso Tuesday!
Have a problem or conundrum you'd like solved? Go to ask jeev. . . just kidding. Go ahead and ask away, and hopefully I can help solve your problems. Cause really, who doesn't need more handbag space? And no, I'm no expert, but I do find some odd thrill in solving problems. And yes, I was a part of Future Problem Solvers of America in 6th grade. If this doesn't qualify me to answer your questions, I don't know what will.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

I was just complaining about my tupperware woes last night.

I've seen this before but I thought the infomercial was just trying to sway me. If you like it, I may have to get myself one. Thanks for the tip!

How much is it?

naptime nostalgia said...

Aim,

I meant to put that on there. It's $17.99 or $19.99, depending on where you get it. Bed Bath and Beyond often sells this kinda stuff seen on tv. Or I guess you could always get it online or through the infomercial people.

Kristin said...

How in the world did I miss this post?!? I have been hoping and praying my question wasn't floating around in vein around cyber space and then there it was!!! My friend Cami has the same thing so I am thinking that all signs point to this little nifty gadget. And yes, loving that they all have the same size lid. And double yes to my absolute LOVE for leftovers...as in love, like more than a friend.