Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Zen Ramblings

Today, while I was in Yoga, a thought came to me, which I then meditated on during my practice. Why is it that in some poses or regions of my body I am extremely flexible, yet, I can't even touch my toes? Or my feet, or my ankles, really without bending my knees? Will this ever change? Perhaps as I continue to practice and stretch one day, I might be able to kiss my knees, so to say.
Perhaps then, there can be something said for also being willing to become more flexible in my attitude. Flexible in life. Surely, it will take practice, and learning to stretch my "attitude" muscles, but learning to change my outlook on life and bending to others is surely how my creator would have me be.
Namaste.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

love the metaphor Amy. Very thoughtful. I need to work on being more "flexible" too.