Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TUESDAY'S TIP hanging your handbags

So, living in "The Rim" definitely has it's perks. Closet space, isn't one of them. And for a girl, who just might, have an obsession buying handbags, that is never a good thing.


So, because there was literally no other place to put my handbags I had been just putting them on the shelf above the hall coat closet. But this wasn't really working out so well. I had so many that they were all piled on top of one another, slumped over and losing their shapes. Plus, I could never find the one I wanted when I wanted it.


But one day while I was drying my hair (when it seems I get my best inspiration) I had a stroke of genius. I decided I would go to Home Depot and buy a closet rod and hang it at the very top of my coat closet (as high as I could) and then hang my handbags. Brilliant, right?!

I even installed my handbag closet rod myself! Power tools are awesome. After I unleashed my inner Tim-the-tool-man-Taylor I retrieved some kid hangers (which you can get from all-a-dollar by the way) from my kid's closets and hung the bags up.

Now, I can easily see every handbag, and they aren't getting scrunched up and ruined. It has been my most brilliant move ever. Er, at least this week!



1 comment:

The Hoddogs said...

Dear Naptime Nostalgia,
So I have been following your Tuesday Tips and have actually implemented most of them as well. As a lover of organization and a follower of your blog, I am writing to you to submit a quandary I have in my Tupperware cupboard. That right there should explain the quandary: Tupperware. Any suggestions for organizing and taming the plastic beast that seems to spawn daily? Some have lids, some don't, do I stack them do I not...?

Sincerely,
Tupperware Challenged
Kristin Hodson
Hodderthanever.blogspot.com