Tuesday, January 27, 2009

PURE COVETING

I have been coveting this skirt for a few weeks now. It is taking almost everything I have to not purchase it right this minute. And talking about it is even making it worse. Did I mention I have a free shipping coupon.? And I have 15% off?


I tried to justify this purchase by asking Hubs if he thought it would work for my brother's wedding rehearsal dinner wear. He said no. He said that the wedding was back east (Jersey Shore) and it might not be dressy enough. But then I rebutted with the fact that the wedding was down on the shore (beachy). Then I switched my tactic up and asked him about wearing it to the breakfast the morning after the wedding. He just smirked at me. He could tell I was fishing for any excuse to buy this loveliness.

I realize it's a little quirky. Just like me. Not exactly formal, but not cheap either. It speaks to my bohemian side. Surely there are other occasions than just church that this would be lovely for, right? Please someone help me justify this purchase.

3 comments:

Max Sartin said...

Teell him you could be coveting a 1969 Ford Galaxie for $1,000, like me. I'm sure he'll agree that the skirt is a lot less expensive.

Jo said...

It's wicked cute and definitely cheaper than Max's car he is coveting (which we are all glad he didn't buy. I've lived back East; as long as the wedding is after May, you'll be warm enough :)

Brittany said...

Uh, no questions asked! That is SO cute! You must buy it at once.