Tuesday, June 17, 2008

TUESDAY'S TIP SNOW DIZZLE

It's time for the Tuesday's tizzle, wizzle nizzle. I'm talking about the snow dizzle.


Okay, so I am pretty sure there is nothing better than a little shaved ice on a hot summers evening. And luckily here on the east-side we've got plenty of options, and honestly I've tried them all. But the one that's stuck out and is the regular around our house is Bob's Brain Freeze on 33rd (used to be at Milo's. Now it's at Sargent Steam). Well, apparently it is everyone else's favorite snow shack too, cause the lines there can just be absolutely ridonculous.
So, a few nights ago when I was out doing a little grocery shopping sans kids I saw a new (at least to me) snow shack called Snow Dizzle. It is in the parking lot at Smiths on 33rd. So, just a few blocks east. And the shaved ice? Simply lovely. Might even, dare I say, be a bit (gasp!) better than Bob's. And the clincher for me? NO LINE. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm all for standing in line for a great shaved ice, but if you can have a great shaved ice without the line? Heaven in a cup.
Oh, and the flavor du jour? Tigers Blood of course.
And the name? Snow Dizzle? Maybe that's what makes it taste better. It's the dizzle fizzle Yo!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sorry Ames, I can't support the "Dizzle" fo shizzle, because our best friends just bought Bob's brainfreeze this year and I can't turn to the dark side. I think of Matsumoto's in Hawaii, some things are just worth the line. Oh, and they just had a cute little baby boy and need to buy diapers, so please support the "cause" hehe.