Wednesday, June 25, 2008

TUESDAY'S TIP REDBOX LOVE

Okay, so I know many of you already know of, and regularly enjoy your local Redbox, but I must say it again. What would I do without Redbox?


Pay more than $1 for a movie? That is just insane.


Well, today's tip (sorry for the belated-ness) comes courtesy of the Redbox. Okay, first off: The Bucket List Well, I have to say, this was an okay flick. Not my favorite, but definitely not the worst movie I've rented before either. I'd have to give it a B rating. I really liked Jack and Morgan, but I'm pretty sure without these two guys this movie would have been a bust for me. But these two guys are awesome, so I did enjoy it. Made me think about all the places and things I'd love to do before I kick the bucket myself. And so, if you find yourself standing at the Redbox looking for something good to watch, go ahead and get it. It's definitely worth a buck.


Okay, next flick: P.S. I Love You. So, I've seen this movie multiple times at Redbox, and each time I seem to skip right over it, cause well, pretty much I can't stand Hilary Swank. Just something about her that bugs me. Maybe it's her jaw, or her big teeth, I don't know what. Just something. This is going to sound way rude, but she kinda reminds be of a 13 year old boy. So, the idea of her playing the girl in a romantical comedy just didn't sit well with me. But I went ahead and got it anyway. And the verdict?

Bawled my eyes out. This is the saddest, sweetest movie I've seen in a long time. I don't remember crying this much since I Am Sam came out on video. Now, don't get me wrong, Hilary still bugged me the whole movie, but I have to hand it to her. The girl can act. In a awkward-she-looks-like-she-is-acting sort of way. But the story, and plot, was well, sweet. And sometimes it's just good to experience someone else's grief, if but for a short time, and in a fictitious way. Brings out the empathy in ya. And Ireland? I soooo need to go there. That accent is just delicious.
So there ya have it. Two easy ways to blow two bucks.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I totally agree with you about Hilary Swank. I loved this book and was so disappointed when I found out she was going to be in the movie. She just doesn't seem to fit well in a romantic comedy. But, I eventually did see the movie (thanks Redbox) and the movie turned out well. I didn't love her in it, but she didn't destroy it.

Jo said...

I really liked this movie, cried myself and I don't even have a spouse to be afraid of dying on me! I had to tell my mother though to not see it as it hit too close to home (the scene where she reaches for him in bed is what my mom said she did for the first month after my father died). I too can't stand the horsed mouth Swank, but the Scottish/Irish dudes made it bearable. It really made me wish I could go to Ireland and meet a hunky guy who would come back to America with me. Oh, and I was just introduced to the Redbox about a month ago; it is very cool.