Monday, June 30, 2008

THE REUNION

Well, it came and went. Finally.


And boy am I glad. As soon as it was over, it was like a big weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Seems as though I was harboring around an unhealthy amount of anxiety over the whole thing. Ten years. Seems kind of silly now. Okay, so here are my thoughts about the whole thing. Keeping in mind people, I am an out and proud pessimist. And I really, really, really, wish I could be positive. Read at your own risk.


Well, the reunion itself was completely lame. And I say that full well knowing that one of my best friends in the world was on the committee. Bless. Her. Heart. On the positive side, it only cost $30 per couple which, now that I've talked to some other friends, is apparently pretty cheap. But then again, our "entertainment" for the night was Mr. Moyle. I kid you not. Mr. Moyle. The science teacher. From Skyline. Yep. Poor guy got up there and gave updates of where all the old teachers are. Seriously. And then he blew fire out of his mouth. Which was impressive, but not worth $30. The location? Skyline Courtyard. Only about nine thousand degrees. The food? Ehh. Pasta. I think if I'm not mistaken, from Fazoli's. The table decorations? Glitter. Oh, and the madrigals sang. I felt really sorry for them. They were nice to do it, but they sounded, well, um, let's just say it wasn't their best performance ever. Although Eddy said he almost felt the spirit. So that is something.


Okay, so I know the only thing you all care about is the people. So, the people? Strange. So, so, so, so, strange. It was weird, and awkward, and strange. So weird seeing all those people again. It was funny cause all the, now I don't want to say popular, but well, the too-cool crowd were still just that. Too cool. Too cool to eat, to sit down, to really be bothered to be there. It was funny. I thought for sure they would have grown out of that by now. But apparently, they all think they are still very cool. But mostly people just kinda gravitated towards their same friends from high school, which they probably still get together with on a fairly regular basis. It was fun to see some old friends I haven't seen in ten years, but really I mostly just hung around my friends I see all the time. I really was hoping to see a few of my old softball friends, but no such luck.


But on the positive side, I did fall down flat on my face. That was fun. Before I left for the reunion I had a very serious conversation with my mom and Hubs about what shoes to wear. Hubs voted for high heels, so I wore them. And well, I shouldn't have. The only time I ever wear heals is at church. Where the carpet is short, and the floors are smooth. But yeah, I totally biffed it at my reunion. Awesome.


But the best moment of the whole night, is when our lame-ass class president bowed out of planning or being involved in any future reunions. What a horse face. Seriously. Is that not the only thing the class president even does? I mean, he knew what he was signing up for when he ran. And yes, we all do stupid things as teenagers--just see my previous post. And we continue to pay the price. So suck it up Spencer.


Except for the glitter fight with Eddy, good laughs with Jen, Abby, Matt, Trish, and Jill, I'm pretty sure the night was mediocre at best. But I do have to thank the committee for even being willing to work with Spencer. And for probably planning the entire thing. Thanks for the effort guys.


And thanks to the girls for a fun night out at Porcupine after. It was too much fun giggling like school girls about all our sweet high school memories.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Glitter fight? That sounds pretty exciting to me. Everyone looks better with a little sparkle to them. Thanks for the update Amy. I'll try and be there in 2018.