Tuesday, May 13, 2008

TUESDAY'S TIP Leftover Snickers?




Okay so this tip comes courtesy again, of the ever-fabulous Mary Jo. So when you are devouring your treat, you can thank her not me.

This tip starts out, "Take leftover snickers bars from Halloween. . ." Wait, what? Leftover Snickers? That so does not happen. Ever. I mean, lets be serious here. Leftover Halloween candy is like the smarties, toothbrushes, and tootsie rolls. But Snicker bars? Yeah right. That was like hitting the lottery. Leftover snickers bars is like an oxymoron in my world, but whatever. So, if you have leftover ones, use them. Otherwise, head out and get yourself some snicker bars (funnily whenever anyone ever talks about snicker bars, I always think of Ms. Weese, I mean Reese, at Wasatch who taught geometry and would always introduce herself at the beginning of each semester by saying that she likes Snickew baws and owanges.) So anyways, get the snickers, chop them up in a food chopper. Peel, core and slice a few apples. place them in a baking dish and sprinkle the chopped candy bars over the apples. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Serve alone or with vanilla bean ice cream.


I know, right? You. Are. Welcome.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Oh Ms. Weese how I miss you!

Hello, I'm Ms. Weese from Pwovo City. I like Snickew baws and owanges and howses.

Those were the days. This sounds delightful!

Nancy said...

So, there's this lady in my ward who always brings a Snickers Salad to ward potlucks. I know, Snickers Salad is even more of an oxymoron than "leftover Snickers." Anyway, it's basically your recipe. Chopped up Snickers, chopped up apples. But don't bake and serve with ice cream, mix with whipped cream/cool whippy goodness and serve. Yum.

Suzanne said...

Oooh, that sounds tasty! I for sure don't have any leftover Snickers at my house (seriously, who does??), but I'm pretty sure I could round some up...I'll have to give it a try! Way to go Mary Jo!