Tuesday, May 13, 2008

SURVIVOR: TRIPLE THREAT


So, Sunday night when I was watching the season finale of Survivor: Micronesia (and loving every minute of it by the way), I couldn’t help thinking that Survivor really is good for more than just winning a million dollars. Although that really is great and all, we must discuss the other wonderful-ness that is Survivor is made of.



Okay, first off, why are you laughing? Is it because Survivor is so very 90’s? Well, whatever. Survivor is the greatest reality show out there in my opinion. The set-up of the game, the challenges, the whole “let’s throw you out on a deserted island with nothing to eat and a bunch of really annoying people and see how you fair” thing. Combine that with Probst’s dimples, and really, what more do you need? In my mind, it’s brilliant. It’s got to be good a good game/show, if you can have this many seasons and the show is new, different and exciting every time.



And now that we are discussing it, can I just say that this season of Survivor was my absolute favorite? It really was the best. If you haven’t been watching then, you should rent this season on DVD the minute it comes out. It really just was that good. It was fans vs. favorites this season. Meaning they brought people who’d already been on once before for a second shot at a million, and their biggest fans. It made for fantastic TV. And the chicks just killed it this season. Final 4 girls. And because the women were in charge there were lots of blindsides and manipulation. And it was awesome! And poor Eric. Oh man. So so so dumb.



But this is not what I want to discuss today.



I have something much more important. Do I have any single people out there? You wanna find love? How about reality TV love? Well, okay, now whatever you do, DO NOT sign up for The Bachelor. I mean really, are any of those couples still together? Really, if you want to find love, I am convinced Survivor is the reality show where you can find it. I mean, come on, every season there are at least a few love matches and this one was no exception. And there have even been a few to last outside of the season and even one that ended up married. Take Rob and Amber from the All Star season. Ethan & Jenna, Ozzie & Amanda. And really, let’s be honest, even Jeff Probst found love with Julie Berry from the Vanautu season. And if the host can even find love, then it must be the place to find love. And if I’m not retarded, that seems to be a better turn-out than all of the Bachelors combined. And I’m sure I’m leaving a few dozen other Survivor couples out. Seriously, that show should be renamed Jungle Love. It’s crazy. Must be something in all that coconut their eating.



Another great thing about Survivor? Need to loose a few pounds? Don’t sign up for The Biggest Loser. Just sign up for Survivor. I promise you will lose weight when your diet consists of coconuts, bats and rats. Plus, Survivor has a bigger payout.



So really, it’s simple my friends. If you want to loose weight, find love or pay off some bills, Survivor is the show to be on. And as much as I love to watch, I would be the crappiest Survivor ever. I would be the one crying in the cave when it’s been raining for 7 days straight. And I don’t like to eat bugs, or rodents really. But I would like to have a million dollars. So maybe. . . .



I could send Hubs! Perfect. He really would be a fantastic Survivor. He is as fit as a fiddle, probably could climb a coconut tree pretty fast, can play chess like a champ (strategy), tivos Survivorman, and lets face it, if he can live with me, then he could probably handle any other crazy people for 39 days. Plus, I think secretly being on Survivor would be his ultimate. All that testosterone you need to build a fire.



Okay, now I am straying from the point of this post. Yes, there was a point. Let me find it. Oh, yes,
1. Survivor rocks. All seasons but, like 2 seasons ago, have been awesome.
2. Survivor clearly has the best reality TV odds at finding love.
3. Survivor also has a nice built-in weight loss program, which is a nice perk.
4. I would love to play Survivor, but I would so be the first one out.
5. I should send Hubs to play Survivor instead. He would win. But I would hope he doesn’t find love or lose weight, cause in those two areas he is already set.
6. Survivor this season was 2 Legit 2 Quit.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I don't watch survior but this post made me laugh. You are always funny, Amy.

They would kick me off first too. Whenever I watch end of the world shows I just know that I would not be the one at the end telling my story.