Thursday, May 8, 2008

PRODUCT JUNKIE rei sale baby!

Well, hello everyone. I hope you are all having a fan-double-tastic Thursday. I just wanted to make sure you all knew about one of my favorite sales of the year. The REI anniversary sale. It's always a good one. And REI is within spitting distance so, we like it. Plus, if you are a member you can save an extra 20% off one item. And that is just fantastic if you ask me. We hit this sale every year without fail, and here are some of REI 08 anniversary sale purchases.

1st item:
So, do you see this beauty? All I can say is, Happy Mothers Day to me. Remember a ways back when I told you Hubs had so lovingly and graciously signed me up for the Ragnar Relay without my approval? Well, by darn it, it's turning out to be a great thing. (But don't tell him that, or he'll start signing me up for all sorts of other crap left and right without my approval.) So, anyways this little gadget is the Garmin 205. And isn't it beautiful? Hubs received one for Christmas from my parents last year, and I have been borrowing (and coveting) his everyday since. But I really wanted to get my own so I could track my own runs, and tally calories burned (so I knew how many Creamy's from the day before I'd burned off) and all that. Plus, sharing items you sweat on is not something I recommend. And then, like a sign from God, my REI anniversary magazine comes in the mail. And there it is. My future Garmin 205 staring up at me from the page. And on sale! And practically yelling at me. "Buy me! I'm on sale! I will make you happy! And thin! And buy me!" So, what's a girl to do? Well, I went up and bought it of course. And I've been happily enjoying it ever since. And now that I even have a running group (yay! Holla Christine, Kelly, Jenny, Suzanne & Marinanne) it's been awesome to see exactly how far we are running and just how slow or fast we are going. Yep, we are up to 4.5 miles a few times a week. And it feels great. I mean, it feels nice to be getting in shape, but the early-morning start (6am), although I thought at first it might kill me, is turning out to be something I (gasp!) almost look forward too. It's nice to get out, start my day off with a little workout and get to chat with the girls the whole way. There is something priceless about being about to discuss your dismay at Lauren & Brody not ever actually making it to "couple-hood" and swooning for a few minutes about Steven making an appearance, and dogging Heidi & Spencer for a few blocks that just sets my day off on the right foot.** Maybe Hubs knew that deep down somewhere in some small hollow spot in my heart there is a place that LOVES early morning runs with good girlfriends. Maybe that's why he signed me up. Then again, maybe he just needed another runner.


Okay, next item purchased:

How cute are these Keens? Got Thing 2 and me matching pairs! (Are you rolling your eyes? That's okay so did Hubs.) Did you know that if you wear a 7 1/2 or smaller in women's shoes then you can fit into kids shoes? Well, I have been sporting kids shoes since back in the day when Doc Martens were all the rage. Wow, that dates me a bit. Doc Martin's and Girbauds. The nineties rocked! Hey, don't laugh. Kids shoes, especially brand name ones, are made just as well as their adult counterparts for like 1/4-1/2 the price. $30 versus $100. No question. And if you've never worn Keens, really I don't know what to say to you other than, "You are missing out on a little slice of heaven right here on earth." That's right. It's like walking in mashed potatoes. Except without the lumps, and goo and mess. Okay, bad analogy. Just try some on already. Your feet can thank me later.

Third item purchased:

Each year we hit this sale to get the kids their sandals for the summer. Thing 1 did not want to match is sister and mother. And he politely told me so, by yelling at the top of his lungs in front of everyone that he did "not want to wear girl shoes"And I can't really blame him. Except for the yelling. Dang, for having a hearing loss, that kid sure can make some noise. So, he picked this lovely shade of green instead.

Okay, so if your interested in channeling your inner granola, head on over HERE and check out the sweet sale.

** Yes, I know it's fake. But so is Diet Dr. Pepper. And even though we all know it will probably kill us one day (aspartame), we still love it, covet it, and drink it. Because of it's fake syrupy goodness. Just sing along with U2 and me, "Even better than the real thing."

No comments: