Monday, May 19, 2008

GPG GETAWAY 2008


Harley & Bucks. Jill, Abby, Stace, Ash, me, Sara, Katy & Trish. I know this isn't the best picture we got, but it's the only one on my camera with most of us in it at the same time.


Okay, so this weekend was an absolute blast. 9 of my best girlfriends went up to Eden for some much needed girl-time before Ash heads of to NC for the next 6 years. It was so much fun. We left Thursday night and didn't get home until late last night. Three whole days with the girls. It really was so nice and relaxing.


Thursday night we arrived late, talked until the wee hours of the night ( or was it morning?) and then went to bed thinking I'd get to sleep in for the first time in ages. Well, that was a good plan, but as soon as 6 am came I was up. I guess my body is so used to waking up for my 6 am run that it just assumed I'd want to do it while I was on vacation. This wasn't the case. But luckily, I was able to go back to sleep. But don't you even for a second think I really slept in. By 8 I was up for good. It really is sad what happens to your sleeping habits when you have children. Before kids I used to relish sleeping in. Now, 8 a.m. is as late as it gets. Lame.


Friday morning we went for a long walk, ate breakfast, showered and pretty soon the rest of the girls were there. It is so funny that we need absolutely NO entertainment cause we could all just sit around and talk for hours and be happy as could be. And that is just what we did. Around five we headed into town (if you could call it that) for a little boutique shopping and dinner at Harley & Bucks. Which was way yummy. If you are ever in that area, I definitely recommend it. BBQ, burgers, tacos, sandwiches, ribs, steaks. The good stuff. After dinner we headed back to the gorgeous mansion we were staying at for a little more of the usual (gabbing), but we did have the Jazz game on in the background.


The place we stayed was Abby (Rogers) Pohlman's, and it was simply lovely. 7 Beds, 5 baths, game room, play room, hot tub, gourmet kitchen and the best comfy, mushy sectional couch EVER. Hey, it fit nine girls comfortably every night. And that is saying something. It is a seriously sweet couch if you ask me.


Saturday morning Stacie and I got up and ran about 8 miles of the Ogden Marathon with my mom who runs it every year. And it was gorgeous. And she did great. We met her at the half-way point, and ran with her up and around the reservoir, and it was beautiful. Rolling green hills, glass-like water, snow-capped mountains in the distance, and a perfect sixty-eight degrees. After we ran we came home, layed out by the pool for an hour or so, had lunch and just mostly talked, watched 27 Dressses, and talked, and talked some more until dinner. We had the yummiest cheesy chicken enchiladas (thanks Jen) and faux fried ice cream that Jill made us that really was the yummiest desert I'd had in a long time. Then it was time to bust out some games. We played a board game for a bit then headed downstairs for some serious game time. We played indoor GPG four square, had a way fun round-the world ping pong tournament, and even played musical chairs (don't ask). Anything with these 9 girls is a blast. I was seriously laughing so hard the whole time. My side and cheeks were killing me by the end. Then we caught the end of SNL (Steve Carrol is hilarious), talked some more and then went to bed at another crazy hour.

Sunday again I tried to sleep in, but 6 seems to be my optimal wake-up time. We made breakfast, talked some more, cleaned up, had lunch, played Ticket To Ride (where I kicked everyone's aces) and then watched Becoming Jane. After that we got our stuff together and it was time to head home. We really had the best time ever. So many fun times. I'm grinning just thinking about them. I love to get together with these girls. We always have such a crazy time. No kids, no husbands, and just the girls. We decided that this would be the beginning of a yearly tradition for us. Although the location will change, the friendships and love we have for each other will always remain.


I love you girls.


My top ten 2008 Eden memories:

10. Eating dinner with the gals at Harley & Bucks.
9. The enormous, smushy, super-comfy sectional where most of our good chats went down. Including our autism/immunization debate. Love you Abbs.
8. Jen's enchilada's, Jill's faux-fried ice cream, and Sara's granola. Yum-0.
7. Diet Coke, and redbox runs with the girls.
6. Katy & Jill and their adorable baby bellies. I love prego chicks.
5. Running part of the Ogden marathon with my mom & Stacie.
4. The person who will remain nameless and the effects of their lingering raw broccoli.
3. Stacie's round-the-world ping pong victory dance. (I tried to get this on video, but my battery ran out seriously at that same moment.)
2. Musical chairs (Again don't ask)
1. Getting to know my best girlfriends even better.


Thankyou so much girls for all the new, fun, inside jokes, memories and belly laughs. It couldn't have been sweeter.


Dinner at Harley & Bucks. Sara, Katy & Trish. Sorry about the close-up Trish.
Jill, Abbs, & Stace.
Stacie & Ash.
Our super-serious round-the-world ping pong tourney.
Sorry about all the weird water marks. I need a new camera.
Jill & Stace the ping-pong champions do a serious final playoff with the hit & spin. Yes, Stace is sporting a Skyline sweatshirt. Holla.
The three ping-pong champs. (There were only two paddles.)

4 comments:

Jill said...

What a great weekend! So glad we're friends!

Stacie said...

can't stop laughing at the certain "un-named" person with the broccoli incident! Love it! love it! unforgettable weekend! love ya Am!

marcie b said...

this is undoubtedly going to sound weird, but i want to be adopted into this group of friends. i remember feeling the same way when i left ashley's baby shower at sara's house. seriously, one of the finest groups of people out there. if there was only a way for a titan to live amongst eagles.

naptime nostalgia said...

Jill-
glad we're friends too.

Stacie-
You crack me up!

Marcie-
Yes, come and play! We love new friends. Especially ones that are as witty and funny as you. Hopefully we are gonna get together once more before Ash heads out for NC for good, and we'd love to have you. And since I now live in Oly territory I can't really hold you being a titan against you now can I? Yay for new friends.