Wednesday, January 23, 2008

OATMEAL AND BOB



And on a lighter note.

So last night as I was watching The Biggest Loser. And I was reminded of a product that I have been wanting to post about for some time. It's Quaker's new Weight Control Oatmeal. It has 160 calories,7 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber, and 3 grams of the good kinda fat.

Now I realize that not all people are "oatmeal lovers", and I have to be honest and say, I always have been. I think it goes back to when I was a kid. My mom used to make us hot oatmeal, and hot Cream Of Wheat sometimes before school. And this was a serious treat. Of course I used to cover it in brown sugar, really healthy I know, but this did begin my love of all things oatmeal. In fact oatmeal spice chocolate chip cookies are really just about my favorite thing ever. But wait, I was talking about something healthy.

Oh yes. Weight Control oatmeal. It's pretty good. You should check it out. Tastes pretty darn sweet for diet food. My favorite part is the protein. If I don't get some protein at each meal, I just want to eat an hour later. So yeah, protein is pretty much essential. And this little box, gets the job done.

Okay, now that we've got that out of the way, can we talk for just a minute about The Biggest Loser? Don't you love the little commercials they do in the middle of the show? Yeah, that's how I heard about this oatmeal, a couple of episodes ago. I guess ridiculous as they are, they are pretty effective.

But how much are you loving this season? I just want the orange team to win. I'm so over black. Testosterone is so over-rated. Sad to see the pink team go in such a nasty way (But how great did she look at the end?) And sad to see the couples are breaking up next week.

Oh well. Bob will still be there. And that's all that matters. In my You-Just-Won-A-Personal-Trainer-For-The -Rest-Of-Your-Now-Not-S0-Fat-Life fantasy, Bob would be the man for the job for me. He just rocks.

Oh, also, my brother Dave once had a baseball coach that looked just like Wilford Brimley, the oatmeal guy. Wierd, I know.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

The blatant advertising they do in the biggest loser is so over the top. It is kind of insulting, really. They act all chill about it but we all really know they are doing some heavy heavy product placement.

And Bob is so dreamy. I love him. I still haven't watched the last two weeks b/c life has been super busy and sitting down and watching 2 hours of BL is hard. I can't get over them being 2 hours. That is so long. But I still love it and can't wait to watch the last 2 weeks.

naptime nostalgia said...

Aimee,
So sorry, I spoiled this weeks ep for you. And yes, I can only watch TBL on tivo. That way it's only an hour. Plus, I get enough commercials watching it that I don't need the real ones.

Sorry again! Bob 4-eva!