Sunday, January 20, 2008

DINNER GROUP AT PINE

Do you know how to tell when your getting old? Well, in my case it's that I'm now officially in a dinner group. Yeah. I know. But whats even worse? I started the dinner group. And I used to think that dinner groups were reserved for old stiff folks that needed to schedule their fun. Or at the very least, people in their thirties. But ya know what? It ended up being pretty great.

I think our first official dinner group outing was a success. We pulled together five other couples from our neighborhood, which made for A LOT of conversation. It seemed like almost too many people, but I actually think 12 was the perfect number. We decided each couple would take two months a year, and you could either pick the restaurant, or host at your house. And I thought for our first little shin-dig, it might be fun to actually go out.

I decided on Pine Restaurant. It's out on about 4800 S. and 900 E. I chose this place because most of the couples are fans of the little Italian restaurant right in our hood called Luganos. And since Pine is owned and operated by the same guy, we decided to give it a try. And the food, at least mine, was fan-double-tastic. It's a little pricey, which I was worried about, but in my opinion worth every penny.

So, yeah, I'm definitely getting old. But at least, I'll have a great group of friends to laugh about it with once a month. And if you need a great little place to have a dinner out with friends or a romantic little spot for a valentines date, be sure to check out Pine.

Happy Dining!

2 comments:

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

Amy!!! Of course I remember you!! I'm hoping that comment was sarcastic! You and your fam were such a hug part of my life.

My husband and I saw Dave and Sally dowtown a few months ago. Danny and I were living just up from the conference center... but yeah, we're back in Skyline territory (sp?) now.

In fact, just today: My husband was joking about living "above the blvd" and I told him your brother used to say "once a cove dweller, always a cove dweller"... although, we're not technically in the cove.

Anyway, so good to hear from you! I told Danny I was always so impressed with you.

And we love Greg Neville too! Our family was just talking about Pine and Lugano at dinner because my dad makes fun of some of the restaurants I review for the magazine at work... he says I like "small expensive food," but no one can deny the fabulousness of the beet salad at Lugano.

Anyway, congrats on the lovely family! Tell your husband hello (if he remembers me)... and please tell your family hello!

I hope you're all doing well.

Don't be a stranger,
Suite

Aimee said...

I heard Pine is way yummy. I should try it out next time I am there.

I am finding that things I am doing reflect my aging too. But I guess that is just what happens and I am starting to accept that fact in my life!