Friday, January 25, 2008

MY DILEMA


So, I need your opinion.
The vay-cay is coming up shortly. And I haven't been in a tanning bed since oh, I'd say 1998. Yep, the day of senior prom.
So, the question is, do I go a few times before I leave, so I get a little base-tan before I arrive in Paradise? Or, do I go as I am?
Remember now, it's January. And I don't want to scare the other vacationers away with my pasty Utah winter skin.
Cons:
1. Possible Skin Cancer exposure.
2. I have to get into one of those scary beds that other people sweat in while their naked. Nastification!
3. Could come out with raccoon eyes. (And that would be even more embarrassing than the pasty skin.)
4. I could burn my butt.
Pros:
1. My butt will be tan by the time I get to paradise.
Hmmmm. Decisions. Decisions.

1 comment:

Sadie said...

my only advice-- I went to a wedding this fall and thought that I nice little bit of color would be nice, but the skin cancer factor took me straight to the spray tan-- DON'T DO IT! I though that I was going to die in there! It was the scariest drowning feeling-- kind of like the first time you try to take a breath with a snorkel-- I could not breathe and I was making the most aweful noise-- like a kid having an asthma attack. I am sure that the girl at the front desk was getting a kick out if it! It was the longest 15 seconds of my life!