Wednesday, February 3, 2010

LOST RECAP -- total and utter confusion, and loving it.

SPOILER ALERT: IF YOU ARE AIMEE OR ANYONE ELSE PLANNING ON TIVOING ALL EPISODES TO WATCH AT A LATER TIME, OR HAVE NOT YET SEEN THE FEBRUARY 2ND EP DO NOT READ ON.

Okay friends. Here are some of my thoughts about last nights episode. Sorry if you were there last night, and have heard some of them already. (Also sorry about the crazy dulce de leche fiasco and freezer burnt ice cream. I mean really. I am totally ashamed. But at least the apple crisp was delish.)

  • Would have been not-so-smart to have missed the very obvious good vs. evil thing they've got going on. The entire episode I felt as though I maybe was at a sermon. So much religious imagery.
  • I really wish I knew the guy's name in the black shirt who is now resurrected (see religious) Locke. Or fake Locke. Or Flocke for short. And who is also apparently the smoke monster. Hmmm. So they answered one question. What is the smoke monster all about? Apparently it's some guy. But we don't get any more other info. Classic Lost answer.
  • Does anyone else think it is ridiculous that no one asks any questions on this show? I mean, they all just stand around quietly and do what they are told. Ask questions people. I mean really. Remember when they were in that weird pendulum place with daniel farraday's mother, just watching it go back and forth to decide what plane to get on to take them back? Well, why didn't they ask Ellie a few questions? I guess it would have been too easy, or she woulda just gave them a LOST answer, which is really a question.
  • Does anyone else think that Sayid might be the resurrected Jacob? Just a thought. Which is why they didn't flip him over once he became conscious. They needed him to die, so he could be resurrected as someone else. Which is why that weird Asian guy who doesn't like English on his tongue cuts himself to be sure the water won't heal him. If that is true I will be sad cause Sayid the torturer is pretty cool too.
  • I'm glad Jacob is back one way or another, cause it was really pissing me off that we'd heard about this "Jacob guy" for like 5 seasons and then bam, in one episode we finally meet him, and then he dies. It just wasn't enough. So, I'm glad there is more to him that just that short 60 minutes.
  • So the plane really does NOT crash. Um, what? Or it does, and they are living two separate lives in a crazy time continuum. Huh? I need a Tylenol. stat. And does Jack remember? Is he the only one? Or does he not remember? Tricky Lost producers. Real tricky. Loved seeing Boone again. And so glad I remembered his name out of the blue and yelled it at the screen. Slightly embarrassing. And Desmond is on the plane? But I guess if the island doesn't exist than he doesn't have to go crazy and push a button in a hatch for twenty years. Good for him. At least, that version of him.
  • Were we supposed to believe that ALL of their lives would have just kept on sucking had they not crashed? That in fact crashing was a blessing? And Jack's dad not making it on the plane? So not surprised. Cause it would have been Locke. Or something. So confusing.
  • Is anyone else sensing some big father/son thing going on with Lost? Jack and his dad. Miles and his dad. Ben and his dad. Claire and her dad. Where are all the mothers? Only men could have messed stuff up this much.
  • It was nice to see Ben scared out of his wits all episode and not the creepy know-it-all I'm used to.
  • Yeah. That VW bus totally can move a steel beam. Classic.
  • Did anyone else think it was weak sauce that Juliet gives her whole I need to tell you something really important speech and then dies? Come on writers. That is just lame. Even for you all.
  • I think the guy who plays Locke and Fake Locke in real life should earn an emmy for his performance last night. Absolutely brilliant. Those scary crazy flocke eyes? Creepy much.
  • And lets not forget the most important/confusing thing of the whole night. At the beginning when Lost goes all Finding Nemo on us and the island is seen underwater. Um, What??! I am totally confused out of my brain and loving every single second.

I just don't understand people who hate this show. I mean, why watch it? Part of the fun is being totally confused out of your mind and getting to think about it for a week until the next episode. It's the most brilliant TV show I've seen in quite a while. Totally unique and different than anything else on TV. And most importantly it's not a medical drama, or a lawyer drama, or reality TV. If you haven't seen this show, you should get to your library stat and reserve all the previous seasons. Watch them, and then enjoy this final season along with the rest of the world. It's definitely started off with a bang, and I am sure it will only get better.

So, those are my thoughts. Discuss

4 comments:

Hubbs said...

Love the recap, mostly because I can't keep it all straight. I can't remember all of the questions that LOST presents for us, let alone realizing that they were answering them. I am definitely going to have to watch the episode again.

It seems like a lot of wasted time to show the alternate reality of actually not crashing the plane, where all of their lives then go on to suck.

Do you think that somehow "the island" will somehow draw them all back in, in another way? Like maybe Jack has to go back to get his father's coffin, Kate crashes there trying to escape the law, etc. Just a thought...and I have done no research to see if anyone else thinks this, so i'm probably way off. It could really be just a long-winded way of saying "be glad for all of the experiences you have, because they are good for you even if they don't seem so at the time". Again, more religious undertones...

I don't care about Boone at all, I think he's boring. However, i'd like to see Echo and I have the feeling that the pilot guy has a larger story to tell at some pont.

Really, all want to know is who built the wierd statue we keep seeing...

I love/hate LOST.

wade said...

I am so glad you did a recap. I always learn more about the episodes when you recap them. In fact, I was in the shower this morning thinking to myself "I hope Amy does a recap of Lost". True story.

Aimee said...

Oh shooot! We actually watched the opener. It was fun. I loved being back.

Great points you made. Always gets me thinking. I love what Wade said too. That totally made my night to read his comment.

I actually like seeing the what-would've-happened-if-they-hadn't-crashed storyline. I always thought about it so it is fun to see it take shape.

Hoping they tie it all up with a little nice bow but still leave us with an element of mystery.

Jamie said...

Thanks for all the good input on the bed transition. We are one and the same when it comes to sleeping. Mike and I have taken Annie's sleep schedule very seriously since Day 1. We don't mess around when it comes to her sleeping - she's therefore always been a champion sleeper. I'm praying that her big move won't mess any of that up.

We already have a lock on her door - which locks from the outside. Good idea with taking her toys out. She can read or sleep - love that.

And how are the nursery developments coming along? I've now been to Elaine's and Whimsy a few times. I purchased a few Michael Miller fabrics from Whimsy and love them!

Thanks for all the help!