Saturday, December 12, 2009

THINGS THAT SUCK ABOUT THE FIRST TRIMESTER PART 2

BEING DRAWN TO ANY AND ALL PREGNANCY RELATED TV SHOWS.

And believe you me, this definitely sucks. Come on, you've seen em, as you've been browsing your TV viewing options. They can mostly be found on the Discovery Health Channel, TLC, that sort of channel. They are shows that in my normal life I would pass on by without even thinking about possibly watching. But it's like, now that I'm pregnant, I am just sucked into them. All the crazy baby shows. Birth Day, Bringing Baby Home, and Multiple Births. This sort of thing. I mean, really, how bad to these shows suck? Really bad. But without a doubt, every time I get pregnant, I find myself watching these silly shows. And usually in my first trimester. It's honestly pathetic. But it's like I can't help it. I'm like a moth to a flame. A housefly to a porch light. I. Just. Can't. Resist.

But while we are on the topic, can we just talk about the single most ridiculous baby show on T.V., for just a moment? It's called "I didn't Know I Was Pregnant". And it's absolutely insane. It's a 30 minute show recapping different women and their experiences having babies, when they didn't know they were pregnant. Now, wait just a milly moment people. This is absolutely NOT possible. Right? This show makes me laugh, and just think how many delusional people are out there. I mean really. You come home from work, have really bad cramping thinking it's gas, and that you just need to pass a large poop. Go into the bathroom, and plop, out pops a baby. Um, No!! This is just not possible. You mean, to tell me, that you didn't have one single solitary side effect of pregnancy? Yeah, right. I've been pregnant three times, and I'd have to have been retarded not to know. And so far, out of the twenty or so (sad, i know) episodes I've seen, none of them have been mentally disabled. Although, after each episode I really do question their ability to be alive and live on this planet and mother a child. I mean, not even a single symptom? No weight gain? No super-spidey smell? No nausea? And you didn't feel the baby kick even once? Yeah, right. As if. With both of my last I felt like an alien had taken over my body with all of the goings-on in my uterus. And the clincher? Every time at the end of the episode when they are interviewing the "mothers", they ask them how they didn't know, and without a doubt every single lady says, they still had their period every single month. Again, Yeah, right. I mean they do realize it's actually humanly impossible to have a period while pregnant? IMPOSSIBLE. And yes, I know people sometimes do spot, but every month, on the month for 9 months? Yeah, right. Give. Me. A. Break. And the most insane thing of all, is that they don't have like one or two episodes of this show, they have zillions. Yes, zillions. In fact on Thanksgiving, they ran an entire marathon day-long worth of episodes. Meaning, there are lots and lots of really dumb women out there.

Sorry about this post sounding like a guest spot on SNL's "REALLY, with Seth and Amy" but I mean, come on. Really?

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Okay, I have to admit it... I totally watch this show. I think it is so crazy too. and some of the moms have been partying through the whole pregnancy. Did you see the one where she just thought she was getting a beer belly from all the beer? so funny.

Jen said...

Ok. I have to say something about this. Not to be antagonistic, but I completely disagree. Yes, most people who don't know they're pregnant are just crazy, but you need to know, it is ENTIRELY possible to go through most of the pregnancy without any symptoms. I'm pretty sure most of my first trimester "symptoms" are in my head. I don't notice a more sensitive sense of smell unless I'm looking for it, I don't have any cravings, and I got sick literally the second I got the positive test and it just never went away. Plus, I almost as sick just being on birth control. I'm pretty sure if I didn't have such regular periods, I could go the whole first trimester without experiencing any noticeable symptoms, and without knowing I'm pregnant. And i guess, possibly, if someone was REALLY fat or carrying REALLY far back, they could not even notice their uterus getting big and hard. Maybe. Just sayin.