Thursday, December 3, 2009

A LITTLE HOLIDAY CHEER

So, just to show you all I wasn't kidding about my love for all things Christmas, I decided to put up some iphone pics of my Christmas decorations. Just to put the blog in the Christmas Spirit, I suppose. I actually put the decorations up before Thanksgiving, but decided to wait until at least December till I posted. You. Are. Welcome.
You gotta believe baby.
Since we don't have a fireplace. . . hooks will do.

The red ornament balls I got for a steal out at Ikea. I have two more bowls full in the other room.


The top third of our Christmas tree. Seriously. I had only one request of Hubs' few days off around Thanksgiving. I wanted my tree up in my front room this year instead of the great room. Only problem is, my front room ceiling is significantly lower than in the back, and well, the whole tree didn't quite fit. So, I came home one day and Hubs had rigged up most of the tree in the front room. Oh yes, he did. And after I laughed for about five minutes, I thought it was a perfect solution. A little lame, yes, but I think it does the job just fine. We are absolutely a little retarded. And cheap too.



The bottom two-thirds of our tree. Luckily Hubs rigged it a bit so it doesn't look quite so ridiculous. I think I might factor a new pre-lit (genius) tree that fits into our front room and our budget next year.


The hit every year. Nativity you can play with. Except we are missing a wise man, and a couple animals. Oh well. You get the point.
My Christmas village I got one year from my mother-in-law. Looks amazing all lit up at night.



My new wooden, i.e. kid friendly, nativity I got last year at an after-Christmas sale for $5. Yes, five whole dollars.
And there you have it. I hope I haven't totally bored you silly. Now, go put on some festive Christmas tunes, and put your tree up already. Before it's too late.
Happy Christmas Friends!









2 comments:

Aimee said...

Great decorations. Very festive. I'm sure your house is full of Christmas cheer.

Breklyn said...

Love the decor, I too am a huge Christmas fan (unlike my Scrooge hubby). It's so fun with the kiddos. I really need to get me that elf on the shelf, been hearing how great they are. I've definitely been using "the elves are watching" quite frequently with great results :)