Wednesday, December 17, 2008

MY CRAFTY GENE EMERGES

So, for Christmas this year for Thing 2, I decided to go with a kitchen theme. I got this little set for her from Costco. I love that it's red, cause it will go perfectly along a wall in my own kitchen. And I also loved that it wasn't a butt load of money like some other sets I've seen. So, to go with the kitchen, I've bought her a bunch of wooden food and cookie sets, a metal pan set from Ikea, and a cute little tea set. I'm hoping she enjoys it. So, I wanted to get her a little RED apron to go with it, but after scouring Etsy and a half dozen traveling boutique shows, and being able to only find pink and blue and green aprons I decided to go ahead and make her one. Gutsy I know. I do have a sewing machine and thanks to Sue Hess sewing classes, I can actually sew pretty well. As long as there aren't zippers or buttons involved, I'm all set. So, I found this cute red cherry fabric and went to work. This is the finished product:
I'm pretty impressed with myself, actually. The neck has a Velcro closure, two huge pockets for cooking utensils, white ruffle edge, and a polka dot bow for a tie. I hope she likes it! Merry Christmas Thing 2!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Love it Amy! You always say you're not crafty, but you are a liar, because this is dang crafty and so freakin cute.

We are also doing a kitchen for Anna for Chrimtmas. I almost got the same Costco one, but I decided on the one at Sam's instead. Pink vs. Red. tough choice. I have an apron with someone else's name on it that I got at DownEast. Maybe I should try to make one instead! :)

Aimee said...

Wow, that is talent. I don't even know how to use a sewing machine so it is really impressive to me.