Tuesday, December 2, 2008

ETSY LOVE: JUST IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS


Okay, so my new favorite addictive substance is Etsy. Seriously. So. Addictive.
Don't you just LOVE it? I mean, I could literally shop and search for hours. And have done so. But now, I don't need to feel even the least bit guilty. Why? Because with Christmas just around the corner I've decided to do the bulk of my gift shopping at Etsy and other boutiques with home/mom made items. The reason is two-fold.
First, I absolutely love to shop. Love. And I really love finding unique one of a kind items. It just gives me a thrill every time I find that perfect gift for that difficult-to-shop-for-someone. It's nice to know that the people I'm giving to won't be getting the same scarf and hat set from Old Navy that every other person alive is. It's the thrill of the hunt ya know. Finding the perfect one-of-a-kind gift that no one else will have. It sparks the artistic creative side in me. (And ignites my hunter-gather gene) And yes, I realize it would be much better if I myself made said gifts, but lets be real people. I'm the education counselor in the R.S; not the enrichment one. And really my problem mostly is that I have these great ideas, but then I'm not very crafty so that doesn't help. Apparently, when God was handing out gifts he snubbed me in the crafty department. Oh well. I'm over it.
And secondly, with America officially now finding itself in a recession, I feel that buying locally (somewhat) hand-made items the money goes directly to the hard-working individuals themselves, instead of some corporate Walmart-type CEO. Brills right? Cut out the middle man. Go straight to the crafty source. Fab-u-lous.
Okay, so to encourage you to shop Etsy this holiday season I've decided to link a few of my favorite etsy sites. These are some of the best-of-the-best. Truth be told there is alot of crap on Etsy. Lots of doily type toll-painted nightmares, but there is also a whole heckofalot of really super creative/talented people out there. And I think you should buy their stuff. So, here ya go. And if you are a relative, or expecting a gift from me this year, don't be bummed if you open your present come the 25th and it's no surprise, cause you saw it on here first. Fair warning, eh? Oh, and feel free to share your Etsy love knowledge with all my fabuloso Naptime readers and leave a comment with your favorite Etsy links. Come on. It's good for the economy, good for your wallet, and just plain fun. Happy Shopping!
  • Silvia66 I am in la la la love with a few of these scarves and caplets. Perfect gift for that fashionista in your life. This one's got me drooling. And this one.
  • Vol25 Found this etsy user via Aimee, and have bought a few of her prints. They would make a perfect gift for that certain someone who seems to have just about EVERYTHING. I have this one and absolutely love it.
  • The Vintage Pearl These hand stamped necklaces would be perfect for Grammy don't you think?
  • PosieandMe Okay, how about these adorable tooth pillows? Or the felt cookies and tea set?
  • Retrofied These bags are just delish. Sister? Mother? New Mommy? Check.
  • Knits By Knittin Mamma Have a kid? Or a neice? Or a nephew? Pretty sure these are the cutest knitted beanies for babies and kids I've ever seen. Ever. Oscar the grouch? Eyeore? Cupcake? Yes, please.
  • VMJESS Know someone with a camera? Then these guys have got you covered. Cutest camera straps EVER.
  • ChalkyDoodles Cutest oilcloth and chalkcloth aprons and tablecloths. So unique. So fun!
  • RaimbowTree. Okay, so I have like 4 of these. And I love them. And I want this one now.
  • Lucky Fiona Dog lover? Dunzo.
  • A Bushel and a Peck How cute would these letters be in your best friend's house?
  • Fandangled. Isn't this shirt a hoot? Your nephew is officially covered.
  • The Full Spectrum. She is a local, and I have a few of her shirts. Too fun. How about this for that sister-in-law who just finished LotoJa?
  • Another Local. Happy Little Artist. Love this.
  • MD sparks Got a finicky teen? I bet she would love these. Or these.

Okay, I need to get back to life now. Have Fun, and please don't forget to share your fav Etsy links!

5 comments:

Deming Family said...

Thanks for the tip! My friend Jody has posted a bunch of stuff on there. I totally agree, lets spend our money keeping the little guys alive!

Jo said...

Thanks for all of the tips as I rarely have time to search through all of the possible 'finds'. I found some great items and have already ordered a few!

Unknown said...

AWESOME LINKS!! Thanks for searching the web and sharing!

Suzanne said...

I love Etsy too! I recently came upon it and found some great pictures for my boys rooms from falldowntree. Can't wait to check out your other links!

Photo By Emilie said...

I love Etsy & I love you new blog look!! I think that was my favorite blog header I designed, so fun to see it up!!