Thursday, October 2, 2008

IT'S TODAY! IT'S TODAY!

So, pretty much every time I sit down to do a little blog post about Sarah Palin, I get so ticked off that I have to walk away from my computer and cool down. Seriously. But then I came across this article by Bob Cesca, titled "Sarah Six-pack Needs To Put Country First By Stepping Down" on the huffington post and it is so exactly point-on to how I'm feeling that I thought I'd just post that instead.














You wish. You know I can't keep my mouth shut.

Honestly though, I keep finding myself getting more and more angry every time I hear/see those sound bites of her interviews with Katie Couric. I'm constantly saying to myself, "Is she for real?" And I can hear her saying right back in her silly little accent, "Oh, you betcha!" Uggg.


So, to say I'm freaking excited about the debates tonight would be a bit of an understatement. I want to see her in action. I want to see her succeed (really I do). I want to see her show us something more than what we've already seen. I want to see substance. I want to see depth. It should be very interesting that's for sure. At the very least, I hope McCain's camp has trained Sarah enough to answer the actual questions. Not skirt around the issue reiterating her ridiculous non-answers again and again, like she does so famously in the Couric interviews. And heaven forbid we actually got specifics out of the pit bull. Geez, Answer the question already!


One fear I do have however, is that Biden will come across as too overbearing. And then she will end up getting the pity vote. People will feel bad for her cause she is a "Joe Six-pack with lipstick" and not an educated, informed female. And that, honestly, is the last thing I would like to see. People voting for her and McCain out of sympathy. I really hope Biden takes the Obama approach and comes across as calm, collected and informed, no matter how much of the crazy Sarah brings.



This is gonna be one heck of a night. I know some of you suckers are going to the Ute game, but you might wanna set your tivos, cause I'm sure this is gonna be one for the books. And if ya don't have tivo, I'm counting on their being at least a few youtube moments out of the night. And you can bet your bottom dollar I'm gonna have those up come Friday.



Now, in honor of the event, the only question is, do I wear my "everybody loves a democrat" shirt or my "Obama is my homeboy" shirt? Decisions, decisions. Now, of course I should wear my "Republicans can suck-it" shirt, but that one is dirty. Obviously. Been wearing it everyday.


Happy VP Debate Thursday people!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

oh, you're killing me amy. I love it.

I will be in class tonight but yes, I will set our DVR.

Palin is a total train wreck to me. I want to look away but it hurts so much to see. Truly I get embarrassed for her and secretly want her to stop talking or to just answer questions well. Nope. She doesn't and continues talking in circles. I am so curious about tonight. Can't wait to watch.

Jo said...

I like the idea of 'obama is my homeboy'. It just adds to the spice that I imagine you are :)

Unknown said...

You are killing me with your theme-d shirts!! I watched and was impressed by Sarah. She did ramble but it was better than the Couric interviews.