Thursday, October 16, 2008

AND THE WINNER IS. . .

LEANNE!!!!!!!!


Okay, I know I have been a total slacker about posting about my second love, Project Runway, but I would NEVER miss a finale post. Ever. So, a big Congrats goes out to Miss Leanne. I have to say, that I agree with the judges on this one. I am really glad Leanne won. I think she created a beautiful collection. When she first showed bits and pieces of the collection a few episodes ago, I just knew it would win. It's so original, and fresh. And I absolutely loved the movement and color.

Here is a little glimpse of the collection. For those of you that don't watch, her inspiration was the ocean, and she implemented that inspiration into waves in the clothing.


This was my personal favorite of the collection. I just adore that skirt. I would totally wear that skirt. Absolutely lovely.

Although I was really glad Leanne won, a part of me felt bad that Korto didn't win. She came across as totally determined and driven, and I appreciate that. And I think she, like Uli of season 3, understands a woman's body, and designs for real women and their curves. This was my favorite look from Korto.

I absolutely love that you can see Korto's ambition in her clothing. This outfit just says fierce all around. Those sleeves are lovely.

And last but not least, the third place finisher, Kennley McCranky pants. Seriously. Girlfriend needs an attitude adjustment pronto. Almost every look out of her collection, although really well made, looked like something I've seen before. Agree with the judges in their copy cat thoughts. And I call bull crap on Kennley not knowing about other designer's collections. How can you be an aspiring designer and not be interested in other designers' collections? I do have to say however, that I did enjoy this look from Kennley. Not so much the fabric, as the design and shape.

All in all, I have to say this was not my favorite season, but it was pretty good, cause really it's Project Runway and how could you NOT love designers having to create looks and compete in 2 days? If you go here, you can see photos of all of the final runway contestants. They also have photos from Jarell's, Suede's and Joe's shows. You can see such a difference in the final three contenstants. Jarell's stuff was just wierd, Suede's looks were all just so tacky and did NOT look well made. And Joe, um, what to say, just looked really amateur.

I also would like to call out J. Lo for bailing out on the finale. She couldn't judge because of a foot injury? Yeah, cause it's pretty hard to sit in a chair and look at the runway. Plus, I heard that the day after the runway show J. Lo participated in a triathlon Hmmm. Too injured to sit, but not too injured to bike, run and swim? LAME!!!

I'm also really interested to see what happens with Season 6, that is currently being shot in L.A. With all the Lifetime/Bravo drama, I just hope that it airs somewhere somehow. Cause really, I'm not sure what I would do without my PR.

Till, next season. . . .hopefully.

No comments: