Friday, March 5, 2010

A REALIZATION ABOUT LOST

SPOILER ALERT: CONFUSING LOST RECAP COMING UP
So let's talk Lost. Cause apparently that's all I blog about anymore. Sorry it's late again. Fell asleep on Tuesday and Wednesday trying to watch it. Yeah, this pregnancy is kicking my ace. I really do have lots of random thoughts and posts in my head but no time to post, or rather no follow through or desire to post. Again, I blame pregnancy. Maybe I'll do some posting today. Maybe. Maybe not. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. But, without further ado, onto LOST. . .

  • First off, don't you love this Lost Last Supper photo? So interesting. Locke as Jesus? Is this Fake Locke or Locke before he died and his body was taken over? Think it's cool that all the "good" guys are on the right and "bad" on the left. Except for Richard and Ben Linus. And maybe Sayid, and. . . and that brings me right onto my next point.
  • Good vs. Evil. Light vs. Dark. It's been discussed before in past seasons, but seems as though the theme for this season, and really the central focus of Lost. I remember back when Locke was Locke he was always talking about faith vs. fear and light vs. dark. Nowhere has anyone really mentioned good vs. evil. I think that's just automatically where our simple minds seem to go. light=good. dark=bad. Not necessarily so, it seems.
    Remember way back in the first season when Locke says that there are "two sides -one light one dark"? We are so lead to think that Jacob is light (what with his white shirt, and lack of killing) and Fake Locke as dark (what with the dark smoke and killing and all). But what if light and dark just refer to the elements they are able to manipulate? Jacob with the mirrors and light (to spy on potential candidates), and Fake Locke manipulating dark matter with the smoke monster. Or is he the smoke monster? Whatever. You get the point. Light/Dark does not necessarily equal good/evil. Or does it.
  • I'm over feeling frustrated at this show. I've reached some sort of weird peace. I think I just had such high expectations for the show and characters, but in the end I must realize that whatever is going to happen is going to happen because the writers say so. And that's all. This is pure entertainment, and I have to admit, I've been highly entertained for the past five and a half seasons. Completely and totally Lost, but entertained nonetheless. Instead of being pissed at the way things are turning out, I now feel total and complete respect for the writers and the pure brilliance that they have created. I don't really care how it ends, cause it's just been such a fun ride. You know? And maybe this is just one more big parallel on life. Don't worry so much about how things are going to "end up". Just enjoy the ride, cause before you know it (in 10 more eps apparently) it's all going to be over. And we won't have any more LOST to theorize about (my favorite part). We will have to move onto something less dramatic and hopefully less confusing. Which maybe you're happy about. Me however, I think I'm going to just stop bitching about all the lack of answers and enjoy all the confusion. Cause really, it's been one heck of a crazy ride. And I've loved every toss and turn. Okay, now I'll step off my soap box, and we can theorize.
  • Again, so back to the good vs. evil. Dogen tells us, and Sayid, that in every person there is a scale. And so this entire episode focused on Sayid and the tragically tortured person he is. And how good and evil can get all jumbled up into one person. Yes he has tortured and killed many, but we've seen time and time again that this man is capable of love. First with Nadia, and then with Shannon. We've also learned that Sayid is a good man, who has done lots and lots and lots of bad things. He's constantly conflicted with the idea of doing a wrong thing for the right reason. Being able to separate this was the entire focus of tonight's episode. And we see this same reoccurring thing in many of the characters. Kate for instance--pretty much a good gal on the island (raising aaron and all, but did kill her step dad.) Jack --obviously good, yet in the flashforward was a druggie, and in the flash sideways not such a great dad. Hmmmm. I could go on and on. Jin, Sun even (remember those crazy eps where she gets off the island?), Sawyer, Ben? I could go on and on. I know there is something we are supposed to gain from all this, but what? We all have light and dark within us, and sometimes it's so close it's hard to discern? In fact, on an even crazier note, maybe the whole island is a person/being and maybe Jacob and Fake Locke are just parts of him? Maybe Jack's dad? Um, yeah, maybe that's a little out there, but if you think about it in larger terms, and I'm totally sorry if I lose you here but, even God -the ultimate good- created or was able to create evil--in Satan. At least I think. Sure Satan chose for himself, but he was one of God's creations. Wow. Okay, back to reality.
  • Loving all the crossovers of characters in the flash sideways. Jack in the hospital. That evil Seemy guy who likes eggs and SAyid kills. Just so fun. Think it's sad that Sayid, even in the flash sideways can't seem to escape his past. And he still doesn't end up with Nadia. I wonder if this is what he chooses (Nadia) when he makes a deal with the devil (Fake Locke) so to say when he is promised he can have anything in the world. Or out? Hmmmm. I did notice that both Jacob and Fake Locke make promises in order to get people to do stuff.
  • Did you notice that Dogan still could not kill SAyid, and tried to get Fake Locke to do it? Did Sayid not succeed in his mission to kill Fake Locke cause Fake Locke spoke first, and his mission was to stab him before he spoke, or was it just to piss Fake Locke off? If Dogan could not kill Sayid, was that because he was or is still a candidate? Even if he has died (for 2 hours Miles tells us!) and been brought back? Is he no longer a candidate? Is he evil? And just who exactly brought him back? And I guess I was wrong in my theory that he was Jacob.
  • Did anyone else find Claire's rendition of "catch a falling star" uber creepy? Not sure I'll ever be able to sing that song again without feeling a tad bit evil.
  • Where is Sawyer? I would like an update please.
  • Apparently the smoke monster can not penetrate pits. FYI-If you ever come in contact with him, just jump in a pit.
  • Where did Illana, the pilot, miles and ben escape to in the wall? Same wall Hurley & Jack left out of. Smoke monster can not penetrate walls either. I am still confused at the crazy, easily spooked Ben. I liked the confident creepy Ben better. I am hoping he gets an episode soon too. And the fact that Ilana is a main character yet we know nothing about her, is strange.
  • I am still loving Miles and his one-liners. Especially his one about Claire being dirty and crazy but still hot. And to Kate, welcome back to the circus. Indeed!
  • Thought it was interesting that Dogen came to the island in a similar way that Juliet did. To save someone. His son, her sister.
  • Smoke Monster kills everyone in the temple (except for those that can jump in Pitts and escape into walls). Sad for them.
  • Was it just me or did Fake Locke seem genuinely surprised to see Kate? And Kate is now a follower of Fake Locke?

Wow. So many crazy thoughts floating through my head. It's insane. But I really truly am loving it. Sorry this was so long. You can get back to your Friday now. Any additional insignts or thoughts you might have, just leave 'em in the comments. Thanks!

On a side note. Yesterday it was fifty degrees. Today there is six inches of snow, and still falling. Gotta love Spring. I'm out.

No comments: