Tuesday, March 16, 2010

LIFE IS GOOD

So, I hijacked Hanski's computer to do a quick post. The beach house is absolutely amazing. Impeccable in every way. It is like heaven to go to sleep and wake up to the waves. Staring all day every day at a unobscured view of the beach and ocean is incredible. Nothing quite like it, really. The patio of the house leads right down to a small patch of grass perfect for morning yoga, then goes right into sandy beach which is warm and lovely, and about fifty steps later straight down to the pacific. The water is a bit chilly, but was perfect today as I road out in the kayak just because I could. I am loving every minute of this vacation. The living quarters are incredible, the company pure hilariousness, and good times are being had by all. Best point of the day so far has been my bowl of frosted flakes that I ate right on the beach. It's a balmy 80 degrees out, which is perfect in my book. I'm appropriately sunburned, and as Bob Marley plays in the background I am reminded that heaven does exist here on earth, in little slices of perfection that must be acknowledged in order for the universe to keep them coming. Boys are out getting Pina Cola mix, and the ladies are all chilling on the deck reading our various beach books, enjoying our title as the grand champions of catchphrase after last nights blowout. The ocean crashing in the background is just what this mama needs right now. I am eternally grateful for this little getaway sans kids, and am feeling absolutely and completely content at this moment. Gratitude must be given to the grandmas for stepping up big time to watch the kiddos. Missing them much, but thoroughly enjoying being able to spend some time with my first true love.

In all honesty I could go on and on. Everything about this vacation, including the day we spent yesterday cruising around So Cal in the convertible Mercedes has been almost surreal. And my favorite part? That it's only day 4. Many more to come. Big ups to the Hoddogs, Hubricks, Shawsters, and Hacketts for making this vacation all out incredible. It is tax season after all.

Catch all you bloggers on the flip side when I can download a few pics of the pure and total awesomeness that is Wale Rock beach house down in So Cal. I'm off to go lay in the sun.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Ohhhh!!! I am so, SO jealous! Honestly, I would die to be in southern Cal, soaking up some rays. That honestly sounds heavenly - and very theraputic. So glad you get to do it. Soak up some extra rays for me.

Aimee said...

Trips like that make me feel happier to be alive.

Viciously living through you on this rainy day :(

I'm sure you all are having such fun so I won't even say "have fun!" but in my heart that is what I mean :)